Human Resources Lead
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership on AI is the leading forum addressing the most important and difficult decisions on the future of AI.
We are a non-profit that invites diverse voices into the process of technical governance, design, and deployment of AI technologies.
Our essential Partners work together across industry, academia, and civil society to understand the implications of AI advancements and ensure they benefit society equitably.
Through dialogue, insight, education, and guidance, PAI informs responsible AI solutions and identifies opportunities to address humanity’s pressing challenges.
Our vision is a future where Artificial Intelligence empowers humanity by contributing to a more just, equitable, and prosperous world. Our mission is to bring diverse voices together across global sectors, disciplines, and demographics so developments in AI advance positive outcomes for people and society.
If you are committed to a future of responsible AI and you are interested in joining the Partnership on AI in our quest, we genuinely appreciate your interest and we want to hear from you.
PAI is seeking a Human Resources Lead to support its HR Manager on topics related to Human Resources, diversity, equity, culture, and belonging. We seek an individual to support HR matters and PAI’s people processes, including recruitment, retention, performance, and employee communications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the deployment of talent acquisition and retention plans to meet organizational needs
- Support hiring managers to attract, recruit, and screen candidates
- Identify and manage job boards with a particular focus on attracting talent from diverse backgrounds
- Manage applicant tracking systems and candidate communications
- Maintain and manage smooth onboarding and offboarding processes for full-time and part time employees and fellows
- Support, in conjunction with outside counsel, visa requirements and sponsorship processes for non-U.S. staff
Talent Retention and Employee Well being:
- Support a culture of employee wellness through leading team-building initiatives and wellbeing programs, including PAI’s Culture Club
- Lead and manage PAI’s Employee and Internal Communications on strategic, HR, operations, and org-wide matters
- Support weekly all-hands meetings; create & execute employee communications and content, including newsletters; other projects as needed
- Support the organization’s policies & programs related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Support periodic employee engagement survey administration and related initiatives that respond to stated needs
- Manage PAI’s training calendar related to all wellness, culture, and DEI initiatives
Talent Development and Performance review:
- Support the deployment of org-wide annual performance review process
- Manage employee training calendar and ensure all trainings comply with pertinent laws and organizational needs
- Identify vendors & development resources for staff and managers
HR Systems, Benefits & Compliance
- Support HR Systems, which may include human resource, financial policies and employee handbook updates based on new and emerging trends, best practices and legal updates
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in human resources, personnel management or a related field, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
- Experience upholding a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the implementation of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging strategies
- We know that research has shown that some potential applicants will submit an application only when they feel that they have met close to all of the qualifications for a role—we encourage you to take a leap of faith with us and submit your application as long as you are passionate about working to make real impact on responsible AI. We are very interested in hearing from a diverse pool of candidates.
- PAI offers a generous paid leave and benefits package, including: Twenty vacation days; three personal reflection days; sick leave and family leave above industry standards; high-quality PPO and HMO health insurance plans, many 100% covered by PAI; Dental and vision insurance 100% covered by PAI; up to a 7% 401K match, vested immediately; pre-tax commuter benefits (Clipper); automatic cell phone reimbursement ($75/month); up to $1,000 in professional development funds annually; regular team lunches & reading days; opportunities to attend AI related conferences and events and to collaborate with our 100+ partners across industry, academia and civil society. Please refer to our careers page for an updated list of benefits.
- PAI is headquartered in San Francisco, with a global membership base and scope. This role is eligible for remote work within the United States with no requirement to be located in San Francisco. We do not offer visa support for this position at this time.
PAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, education assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and all privileges and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at PAI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
PAI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or similar laws.
The Partnership on AI may become subject to certain governmental record keeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. We also track diversity in our workforce for the purpose of improving over time. In order to comply with these goals, the Partnership on AI invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not jeopardize or adversely affect employment or any consideration you may receive for employment or advancement. The information obtained will be kept confidential.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a cover letter and resume by March 1, 2021.
Only complete applications will be reviewed.