Customer Support Representative (Remote)
Positions Available: 2
Hours: 8:00 am-5:00 pm PT (10:00 am- 7:00 pm CT, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm ET) or 6:00 am-3:00 pm PT (8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT, 9:00 am- 6:00 pm ET) Monday through Friday, and occasional on-call weekend hours (on rotation with other team members) with the flexibility to work additional hours as needed or to accommodate fellow team members PTO/Sick Leave. We also offer a "flex Friday" schedule of M-TH 9 hour days with a 4-hour shift on Friday that can be discussed further in the offer process.
Pay Rate: $18-20, Depending on experience
Reports to: VP of Client Services and Success
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so team members will thrive in a work-from-home environment. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
HiringThing is seeking a full-time, remote Customer Support Representative with a technical background to provide support to our users and customers in accordance with our customer support philosophy and guidelines. Our support philosophy is encapsulated by our tagline Support Beyond Compare™. To expand on this, we aim to consistently deliver friendly, effective, knowledgeable, and timely support to our clients. We strive to provide a solution that results in Hiring Happiness™ the first time around. Technical skills required include a deep understanding of the operating systems and software, problem-solving skills, and a focus on quality.
You will have internal and external resources at your fingertips to help you answer customer inquiries and solve issues knowledgeably. While our mascot is a robot, we are strongly opposed to the type of robo-support some companies employ that crafts an impersonal and suboptimal customer experience. So, what we won’t do is make you follow a script or dictate exactly how each customer inquiry is to be handled. Use our guidelines and your own discernment in answering customer inquiries, keeping our philosophy first and foremost in your actions.
Below is a list of core, initial responsibilities associated with this position. This list is subject to expansion based on the Customer Support Representative's interest, aptitudes, and performance. We support each employee's growth in their individual role and help each person maximize their fulfillment in their role.
- Effectively manage and respond to high volumes of support phone calls, tickets, and/or chats submitted via email or through our support portal.
- Provide consistently friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and timely support to our clients, striving to provide the correct solution the first time around.
- Build relationships with clients through open and honest communication.
- Handle complaints effectively, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Keep accurate records of customer support interactions using defined methods and tools.
- Communicate with clients and prospects using the correct branding (we offer our software under multiple brand names).
- Create and maintain existing support knowledge-based articles.
- Support new client implementations through virtual training.
- Review/verify new subscription accounts.
- Process manual paid job postings.
- Review job postings submitted for organic job board visibility.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Actively use each customer interaction as an opportunity to deliver Hiring Happiness™.
- Actively add content and solutions to internal knowledge-base.
- Contribute articles to our client-facing support knowledge-base.
- You have excellent communication and active listening skills.
- You excel in your attention to detail.
- You quickly learn new software.
- Flexibility and adaptability are your middle name.
- You know how to prioritize, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
- Working independently and problem-solving fit in your back pocket.
- You have proven strong customer support experience.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS stylesheets is a plus.
- You are familiar with both Windows and Mac OS-based operating systems.
- Your knowledge of all major web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge) is proficient.
- API integration knowledge is a plus.
- You are comfortable with technology.
- Self-motivation is your strength.
- You are Passionate about providing solution-focused support.
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with Roth and Standard options
- Ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to have an impact in a hands-on manner on the growth and direction of the Company
- Paid time off starting at 3 weeks per year
- 8 paid holidays
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Opportunity for professional development
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees