Customer Support Manager
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating, friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be it!
We are looking for a US Customer Support Manager here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers all territories including the UK, New York and new US States and European countries as we expand.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Support, you'll be joining a friendly team of 14 who believe in delivering a world class customer service experience to differentiate INSHUR from the average Insurance company. In total we are a global team of 80+ people, based in UK, US and The Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- Delivering great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
What you'll do
As our US Customer Support Manager you will manage a team of up to 10 support agents day-to-day. You will be working in close collaboration with the other regional managers, team leads and Head of Customer Support to develop and execute regional/global support strategy and operations.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have plenty of experience managing front line B2C or B2B2C support teams
- Understand the value of data and how it enables decision making
- Have experience in working within a fast growth environment and understand what this entails
- Are passionate about people and building happy high performing teams
- Have plenty of experience defining and rolling out processes successfully
- Know the benefits of metrics and have successfully set up SLA’s and OLA’s
- Have experience of working within a regulated environment and ideally within an International operation
- Know your way around Kustomer (preferable) or Zendesk along with Self Service Strategies and technologies
Your colleagues say you:
- Are passionate about delivering world class customer support
- Know how to get the best out of your team
- Are an A+ listener and have great communication skills
- Love data and using insights to drive performance and strategy
- Are a brilliant communicator
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office based operation, depending on personal circumstances and individual and business needs. We aim to provide an agile and flexible base from which to grow and we are iterating as we go along. We’ve adapted our ways of working, including ‘remote-first’ principles, not merely applying office-based approaches to things like hours, our culture, and how we communicate.
Our budget for this role is $80,000 to $95,000 and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
Salaries are reviewed on an annual basis and we offer all our employees stock options. It goes without saying that we offer everyone a choice of laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
We've also built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401K Match
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work, and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly Flexible Wellbeing allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- And much more…
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners we are on a mission to change the way customers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. Our current product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the US, UK and NL markets and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new lines of product in 2021.
We are based in and around NYC area but currently work 100% remote. Post-pandemic we will be likely transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel for onsite meetings in different states as we expand, which we expect to be a few times a year.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is dog, child and wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview.