UI/UX Designer at Topflight
We are an innovative group of product strategists, designers, and developers. Together we create custom app solutions for startups and mid-sized businesses that are tackling some of the biggest problems in healthcare, fintech, and on-demand. Our current client portfolio has collectively raised over $127 million and is growing on an annual basis. We currently have a team of 5 designers, and we are hiring an additional UI/UX designer.
This is a part-time or full-time, WFH position.
- Be the main point of contact with influential clients with businesses that trust us to turn 6-figure budgets into positive ROI.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with the product, and development teams.
- Work on a variety of projects within healthcare, fintech, and on-demand. Previous examples include fitness trackers, clinical trial management, loan AI, restaurant on-demand delivery.
- Create UI/UX design deliverables such as user journeys, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Come up with creative, intuitive, and engaging user experiences that address our client’s requirements and keep their users coming back.
- Conduct usability tests and collaboratively analyze the results with the product & design team.
- Research modern web and mobile UX trends to stay up-to-date.
You likely fit this role if you:
- Have 2-5 years of professional experience in either agency, product, or direct-to-consumer work with a focus on digital.
- Worked in a product design role on consumer-facing apps before.
- Are proficient in design software like Invision, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD.
- Understand user psychology and design thinking.
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of design with a matching portfolio - proper spacing, eye flow, hierarchy, fonts, color harmony.
- Can speak intelligently to your work and justify design choices.
- Are able to professionally interact with clients on your own.
- Show a desire for a team-first approach, radical transparency, thoughtful disagreement, and constructive feedback (both giving and offering).
- Can manage, set, and are accountable for your own deadlines.
- Have strong spoken and written English communication skills.
- Have experience conducting user tests either with a testing platform or in person.
- Have an analytical mindset and the ability to break down complex problems into intuitive user experiences.
- Demonstrate an understanding that qualitative and quantitative data trump personal opinions.
- Strive to optimize product KPIs through your design work.
- Are able to work on broadly defined initiatives as well as narrowly defined tactical concepts.