We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of technology products, internal projects, and external initiatives with our partners. You will be responsible for providing guidance to product and business decisions. Our ideal Project Manager is someone who effectively communicates statuses and tradeoffs to the project stakeholders, is calm under pressure, and knows how to impose structure to complex initiatives. Managing project schedules is a key responsibility, but you truly come alive when finding creative solutions and negotiating tradeoffs. You are inquisitive, and you take pride in your work. You live to work with others; consensus building runs in your blood.
This role can be 100% remote.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the development of key technology projects across Ditto teams and key partners with initial primary focus on recent strategic partnership
- Experience with software product development life cycles
- Understand business and technology deliverables to prepare for and lead communications between Ditto and partners
- Proactively identify risks and constraints and recommend solutions to management
- Manage additional cross-team and external initiatives for enterprise clients
- Establish and document project management practices to grow this capability broadly at Ditto
- 5+ years as a project manager responsible for the delivery of technology products or experience demonstrating similar skills
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced technical environment and understand business context
- Able to build consensus with key stakeholders through influence and the cultivation of effective interpersonal relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, driving team success through care and respect
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent, in business, technology, or related fields (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We are based in the Bay Area and are shifting towards remote working in light of a growing global client base and Covid-19.
We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We enable team members to work remotely or from our amazing office space at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland, CA if you are local. We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. Since moving to remote work this year, we have translated the team activities into online happy hours, trivia, Zoom pictionary and are trying to be creative to build strong relationships amongst remote team members. Post Covid, we plan to get the whole team together twice a year and support smaller group meetings in person where they make sense.