The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.Job Description
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
Our London team are currently looking for a number of additional Freelance Digital Matte Painters for projects running through January and February.
These roles are currently remote working only.
What you'll do
- Create photorealistic or stylised backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the project
- Combine skills in painting and 3D with knowledge of composition, design, photography, and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images with or without the use of conceptual mock-ups
- Provides foreground, mid-ground, and background paintings for use in 2D, 2.5D and 3D environments
- Assists with troubleshooting the background components created
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the project
- Create elements in a variety of styles such as drawings, illustrations, graphics, color harmonization / color scripts, etc
- Performing tasks such as layout, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements
What you'll need
- 2.5D / 3D projecting experience (3D generalist or Nuke compositing experience) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of photography
- Demonstrable skills in Concept design desirable but not essential
- Mari, Vue and/or Modo experience would be an asset
- Skilled in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments
- Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of colour, lighting, perspective, and composition
- Strong artistic flexibility, versatility, ability to match and/or adapt painting style to suit a range of production designs
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya
- Ability to complete work within the strict timeframe, while maintaining constant communication with production team, supervisors, leads and other artists
Please clickto review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.