Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Labelbox is building software infrastructure for industrial data science teams to do data labeling for the training of neural networks. When we build software, we take for granted the existence of collaborative tools to write and debug code. The machine learning workflow has no standard tooling for labeling data, storing it, debugging models and then continually improving model accuracy. Enter Labelbox. Labelbox's vision is to become the default software for data scientists to manage data and train neural networks in the same way that GitHub or text editors are defaults for software engineers.
We are backed by some of the finest people in the Silicon Valley who work at Andreessen Horowitz, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI fund), Kleiner Perkins and First Round Capital.
What you'll be doing
- Design and implement features for the Labelbox Platform, which will be used by ML engineering teams to create and manage training data for production AI solutions.
- Be actively involved in strategic decisions and product direction.
- Work closely with PMs, designers, and engineers to design and iterate over engineering solutions.
- Work closely with highly technical Labelbox customers/users to deeply understand their needs and build products that will help accelerate their development of production AI solutions.
- Continuously iterate on and improve development processes, and help onboard new team members.
- Participate in the Platform on-call rotation, and debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- You are excited about building a highly elegant and intuitive product that ML engineers will use to create and manage training data for production AI solutions.
- You have a strong technical background, and a track record of designing and delivering engineering projects/features end-to-end.
- You are able to balance owning technical design decisions, soliciting feedback, managing and communicating timelines, and making appropriate tradeoffs between development speed and software robustness/reliability.
- You strive to build systems that are robust, yet simple and easy to understand.
- You have experience as a generalist, working across the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- You apply a constant and committed approach to learning and growing in your art. You believe in applying your craft to practical problems and value having a meaningful impact in an exciting, growing field.
- 5+ years of experience building production web applications and distributed systems
- Experience building scalable web services in either Node.js, Python, Go, Ruby, Java or similar language/framework
- Experience working with databases, cloud environments, and distributed systems
- Experience building elegant and intuitive web applications using React/Redux or similar web frameworks
- Experience collaborating closely with PMs and designers
- BS / MS (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field
At Labelbox, we’re building a platform to accelerate the development of this future. Rather than requiring companies to create their own expensive and incomplete homegrown tools, we’ve created a training data platform that acts as a central hub for humans to interface with AI. When humans have better ways to input and manage data, machines have better ways to learn.
Perks & Benefits:Medical, Dental & Vision coverageFlexible vacation policyDog friendly officeDaily catered lunch & snacksGreat office location in the Mission district, beautiful office & private outdoor patio with grill