Program Associate – Partnerships
Are you passionate about empowering women and immigrants?
We are seeking an experienced full-time Program Associate – Partnerships to assist the CEO of New Women New Yorkers (NWNY) in maintaining and building high-quality corporate and nonprofit partnerships for the benefit of the immigrant women we serve.
An ideal candidate will have previous experience working in partnership building or a related field, possess excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, preference will be given to applications received by December 1, 2020.
Responsibilities of NWNY’s Program Associate – Partnerships include, but are not limited to:
- Manage communications with NWNY’s company partners for planning, coordination, and reporting of group sessions offered to program participants, and ensure timeliness and high-quality collaborations.
- Initiate and build new corporate and nonprofit partnerships through prospect research, targeted outreach, and active participation in relevant networks. More specifically:
- Initiate and build new partnerships with Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, and other relevant company departments and agencies for referrals and placements of program graduates into jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
- Initiate and build new partnerships with organizations for referrals and placements of program alumni into higher education, certificates, vocational trainings, and other professional development opportunities.
- Write and develop handbooks, reports, pitch decks, grant proposals, and other documents for existing and potential partners.
- Identify and secure outreach opportunities to raise general NWNY awareness and promote enrollment in programs, and represent NWNY at meetings and events.
- Develop and update monitoring systems and tools, and track and report all data pertaining to company sessions and to referrals and placements of program graduates.
- Work with Program Assistant to administer and effectively coordinate individual support sessions provided by volunteers to NWNY participants.
Requirements & desired skills and experience
- 2 or more years of work experience in partnership building, communications, or related field. Previous experience in nonprofit sector or social impact space is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with superior listening and interpersonal skills.
- Results and detail-oriented, excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy to take on and manage relationships with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Proficient with using Google Drive, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- High level of professionalism at all times with enthusiasm and passion for NWNY’s mission and goals are essential;
- Positive mindset, patience and flexibility, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor!
Terms & conditions:
- This is a full-time position, requiring work during business hours. The Program Associate – Partnerships will report to, and work closely with NWNY’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Work is currently conducted fully remotely, but once possible, work in the office will resume on a part-time basis, and sessions held with company partners will take place at various locations in NYC, in particular in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Why work at New Women New Yorkers?
New Women New Yorkers is a unique organization working to empower immigrant women in New York City to pursue and secure meaningful and fulfilling careers in their fields of interest.
Benefits of working with NWNY include:
- Networking opportunities - Connect with leading organizations and companies in New York City to make lasting connections to further the mission of NWNY, as well as add to your own network!
- The people - NWNY has an amazing professional and volunteer staff as well as program participants and graduates who are dedicated to empowering our community. You will learn and grow alongside these incredibly inspiring people.
- Access to events & learning opportunities - NWNY throws some great events and programs to raise funds and awareness of our fantastic organization. As an employee, you will be able to attend these functions and enjoy the company of like-minded individuals throughout NYC.
New Women New Yorkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All interested individuals, including in particular immigrant women, women of color, and women with a gap in their work experience, are strongly encouraged to apply. To us, diversity means that we have built, and continue to develop, a team made of individuals who bring their culture, race, ethnicity, education, professional backgrounds, and authentic selves proudly to work every single day.