Voice Your Vote! Project Director
New Voices for Reproductive Justice (NVRJ) is a social change organization dedicated to the health and well-being of Black women, femmes, girls and folx. New Voices was founded in March 2004 and currently operates across Pennsylvania and Ohio with offices in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Philadelphia. New Voices is a groundbreaking organization that develops leaders and activists, organizes local communities on key Reproductive Justice Issues, advocates for policy at the state and federal level and influences culture change. The New Voices’ vision is to expand the Reproductive Justice movement – which is rooted in the fundamental Human Right of us all to control our bodies – across the Rust Belt and Mid-Atlantic. Our long-term social impact goal is for Black women, femmes, girls and folx live long, healthy and joyful lives.
The Voice Your Vote! ProjectTM Director provides program leadership for the Voice Your Vote! Project™ and oversees the multi-state/multi-city day-to-day program operations across Pennsylvania and Ohio. The Voice Your Vote! ProjectTM Director works directly with the President & CEO and members of the Executive Team to execute the integrated voter engagement program vision, strategy and outcomes, to build voting power among Black women voters all year long and increase our base of supporters on key Reproductive Justice issues.
- Supervising, training and coaching State Field Managers and the Operation Manager to implement integrated voter engagement plans to meet and exceed program goals and objectives.
- Supporting the recruitment and hiring process to fill Voice Your Vote! Project™ management, organizing and administrative roles with the Human Resources Manager.
- Directing and monitoring implementation of all integrated voter engagement activities including voter contact, data analysis, coordinated program, digital organizing, voter registration, voter education, Get Out the Vote (GOTV), election protection, remote and real-life events, volunteers and communications.
- Developing and maintaining integrated voter engagement partnerships at national and state level.
- Regularly assessing program operations and processes to maintain and strengthen integrated voter engagement program infrastructure during each election cycle.
- Co-manage program budget with Finance Manager and provides leadership in completion of grant and donor reporting to track expenditures and impact in conjunction with the Development Team and Finance Manager.
- Collaborating with peers to intersect the Voice Your Vote! Project™ into general community organizing, leadership develop, public policy and culture change strategies.
- Increasing visibility of the Voice Your Vote! Project™ in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Cleveland and among state and national level stakeholders.
- This position requires 25-30% travel to perform the duties of this position across Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, public affairs, public service, community organizing or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of elections, voter engagement and/or issue-based campaign experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a management role leading statewide electoral or voter engagement.
- Must have experience working in non-profit 501c3 and 501c4 organizations.
- Must be proficient in the Voter Activation Network (VAN), NationBuilder, Every Action and Action Network technology/databases.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances and valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record and adequate car insurance required.
This is a full-time, exempt position which we prefer to be based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but are open to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Cleveland, Ohio. Competitive compensation is commensurate with experience. Medical benefits and paid time off included.
New Voices for Reproductive Justice is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender people, gender non- conforming people, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply please upload your cover letter and resume atby December 11, 2020. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply early. For questions about this position, email .