Full Stack Engineer (Oxford, UK)
Stockopedia, the award-winning online stock market research service, is looking for a Senior Fullstack engineer to join our growth team. The team is responsible for growing our subscriber base by building innovative solutions and has total ownership of our SEO/search footprint, content generation, community building, and subscription conversions. Work on diverse projects, such as reengineering existing systems, optimising our web presence, to more R&D-based projects, like data-driven content generation. Youll be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications. Joining the growth team will give you the opportunity to see projects through from whiteboard to production.
About the opportunity
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build solutions that will drive growth
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend, designing and delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features and services
- Practice data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Implement innovative and often first-in-market product functionality.
- Join in with code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentoring.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers
What to expect Our stack is Typescript through and through. In the growth team, the aim is to iterate as quickly as possible, from concept to production. We empower developers to choose the appropriate technology to achieve this. In the growth team you will:
- Test and ship new features that drive customer engagement and growth
- Constantly evolve the Authoring experience for content creators
- Consider new and alternative ways GraphQL, for example to express and consume our APIs
- Architect the system in a way thats scalable and quickly iterable
- Develop on our platform using AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Work in an organisation-wide Agile/DevOps culture
There are many benefits to working at Stockopedia.com but the best are the great work/life balance principles at our core.
- Work where youre most productive - This role can be based in our Oxford HQ, 100% remote, or a mix.
- Time Off - 24 days holiday plus 8 public holidays.
- Never stop learning - you will no doubt want to learn new skills, we'll cover the costs of any education and training you want to engage with.
- The best tools, always - With a great gear budget for every hire we'll help you get all the tools you need.
At Stockopedia.com we've a got a clear mission: to help individual investors beat the stock market. We've been doing this since 2012 through powerful, proven methods applied at scale on big financial data. We cover over 80 stock exchanges around the world, providing private investors with all the tools and analysis they need to do their investment research. We've been acclaimed in the Financial Times, won "Best Investment Software" at both the Shares and Mello Awards and are consistently ranked among the top three brands in the Investment Category on the independent reviews site Trustpilot. We've already got over 15,000 subscribers and are growing at 50% annualised. We're aiming for a million subscribers or more and the growth team is how we plan to get there.See more jobs at Stockopedia