Associate Creative Strategist, Content Marketing
NerdWallet is looking to hire an Associate Creative Strategist to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Content Marketing efforts.
Our Brand Team is responsible for getting people to know, trust and love NerdWallet as the go-to resource for all of their money questions. In this role, you would specifically be working on the Content Marketing side of the Brand Team. While our advertising campaigns team focuses on advertising the promise of NerdWallet and our products, the content marketing team helps pay off on the promise by making sure we are actively engaging with our fans in the media channels they turn to most for financial advice.
As an Associate Creative Strategist, you will be responsible for building fan loyalty & engagement across our owned social & digital properties. The ideal candidate will have experience cultivating organic engagement across social media platforms, is a proven creative brand storyteller, and an expert in developing & executing a compelling and differentiated brand strategy that translates to clear & impactful business results. This role reports to the Content Marketing Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Develop and own NerdWallet's content calendar: You'll own this across all of our owned social & digital channels. You'll collaborate with key business partners to make sure the calendar is up to date and reflects key moments for NerdWallet, our consumers, and our company culture (adjusting the calendar based on brand and business objectives).
- Develop creative communications strategies for owned social & digital channels: You'll lead creative briefing, and partner with the content team and design teams on the development and execution of content inline with business objectives and channel best-practices. You'll make sure this always reflects channel, consumer, and brand-first thinking (whether writing copy for a Facebook ad, replying to a consumer on Instagram, or helping a content writer craft a YouTube script).
- Develop communication plans for growing loyal, active organic audiences: You'll develop plans centered upon engaging our consumer with best-in-class financial guidance, and you'll collaborate with our Content Marketing Media team to identify opportunities for paid media to support organic channel growth.
- Engage our audience: You'll identify NerdWallet's role in the day-to-day conversation on the social channels our consumer loves most, and join in! In close partnership with our User Operations team, you'll leverage audience engagement tactics to grow our audience in these channels.
- Monitor performance of organic channels, analyze trends over time, use analytics & data to inform decisions; communicate learning to cross-functional stakeholders as necessary to optimize & improve channel benchmarks and results going forward.
- Passionate: You're passionate about social strategy, audience engagement, and what it can do for NerdWallet. You understand how to authentically integrate brands into cultural conversations in a way that builds brand trust and love.
- A brand storyteller: A creative wordsmith, you write copy that's always in-line with the voice of a brand. You pride yourself in building social channels that are more engaging, helpful, and fun to follow than the rest (and you're excited about our Nerdy brand voice & personality).
- Consumer-obsessed: You never stop learning how we can more meaningfully impact consumer perception and behavior; you're comfortable using consumer listening and measurement tools to make better decisions on behalf of our fans & followers.
- Curious and creative: You're an out-of-the-box thinker who thinks creatively and takes risks. And you never stop learning how we can leverage available technologies to more meaningfully engage our audience in the channels they love.
- A strong communicator: You're comfortable presenting, influencing key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, supporting teammates – speaking the languages of both creative and business-oriented individuals.
- Results-oriented and biased-to-action: You have a passion for using data to build marketing campaigns that solve business problems and advance our brand narrative. You're also comfortable operating with ambiguity, managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, and taking ownership.
- 5 - 7+ years working on brand-owned social & digital channels (either in-house or at a creative agency).
- You have experience building digital brands that consumers love (including brand identity, art direction, video production and social media). And you've built best-in-class content strategies to engage social media audiences, successfully scaling audiences/followings in these channels as a result.
- You've helped differentiate your brand from the competition and can demonstrate a clear understanding of brand positioning, consumer personas, and channels. You can point to clear examples of how your optimized strategies have improved business impact.
- You have strong copywriting skills and have work samples that demonstrate social copy that is on-brand, engaging, differentiated, and channel-first.
- You've worked with creative design teams, paid media strategists, and cross-functional partners. You've also built creative marketing strategies and turned them into clear, compelling briefs.
- You've routinely project-managed creative strategies from brief to execution to results.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of social platforms and tools including: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, as well social listening, social scheduling, and reporting/analytics tools.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life's a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources