Associate Media Strategist, Brand Manager
NerdWallet is looking for an Associate Media Strategist, Brand Manager to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Partner Marketing & Brand Advertising efforts.
Our Brand Marketing Team is responsible for getting people to know, trust, and love NerdWallet as the go-to resource for all of their money questions. In this role, you would specifically be supporting Brand & Partner campaigns (our Brand Advertising Campaigns team focuses on increasing consumer awareness and NerdWallet's market share by advertising the promise of our brand and product, while our Partner Marketing team is focused on strengthening our authority in the financial services category through strategic co-branded marketing partnerships with our priority partners).
As an Associate Media Strategist, Brand Manager you will be responsible for planning and executing the integrated media strategy for partner marketing campaigns and the digital and social brand advertising campaigns. This role reports to the Sr. Brand Marketing Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Partner marketing media: You'll handle strategy and execution. Lead NerdWallet's partner marketing media offerings; develop integrated media plans to support partner marketing objectives and present to key internal and external partners to generate buy-in. Execute all media buying and optimization for partner marketing campaigns.
- Brand advertising, digital & social media: You'll handle strategy and execution here as well. Act as strategic lead on digital / social brand advertising channels (e.g. Facebook, YouTube). Flawlessly manage all aspects of buying, executing and optimizing on digital and social channels.
- Manage vendor relationships and briefings: You'll evaluate proposals grounded in a deep understanding of which channels are best for desired consumer behavior and NerdWallet & partner business objectives. Stay up to date on competitor and media trends and best practices to help drive innovation in channel mix and execution.
- Measurement and reporting: In partnership with marketing analytics, market research, and media vendors, you'll own channel measurement plans to determine campaign effectiveness. You'll translate data into insights and make strategic optimization recommendations to maximize performance. Develop and present reporting and hind-sighting, proactively sharing results and insights with internal and external stakeholders to inform go-forward plans.
- Foster strong media-creative synergies: You'll translate media strategy into clear, actionable tactical input plans for the creative team and then own the outcome of the brief - helping them understand and implement channel and creative best practices.
- Passionate about media strategy and the role it can play in driving awareness and consideration of NerdWallet. You believe in our mission and the role NerdWallet can play in consumers' lives.
- Consumer-obsessed and insatiably curious, staying up to date with how our targets consume media, and what drives their behavior in order to inform best-in-class strategy.
- An expert In your craft, with a deep understanding of the nuances of media platforms, the advantages and disadvantages; what content works and doesn't work on each channel.
- Results-driven, with a passion for using data and numbers to build smart media plans that solve business problems and advance our brand narrative.
- Biased-towards-action, you thrive in environments where you are managing multiple projects at any given time and are comfortable operating with ambiguity. You persist through challenges and break down barriers to drive positive momentum.
- A collaborative, team-first leader, who values building relationships with internal and external partners. Can comfortably manage communications with external partners to drive outcomes and strengthen NerdWallet's value position. Prefers candid & constructive relationships with internal partners.
- 5-7+ years in marketing (in-house or agency).
- Must have experience executing campaigns on Facebook and YouTube, including experience with analytics tools and ads manager platforms.
- Experience developing and executing and measuring paid media plans across a range of marketing channels.
- Strong analytical skills (comfortable reviewing and analyzing business performance metrics, and synthesizing data).
- Experience with client and/or external partner relationship management required.
- A consistent track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal relationships.
- Experience with developing and executing marketing partnerships preferred, such as pitching co-branded opportunities, managing partner relationships, timelines, and budgets.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life's a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources