Community Editor 🔥
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: $18/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
The Community team at BuzzFeed is looking for a chronically online, pop culture-obsessed editor to join our team this Spring! In this role you’ll be responsible for showing off your creativity and knowledge of current trends by selecting and moderating quality Community submissions about hot topics that tap into the current internet zeitgeist.
You are (ideally) someone who:
- Is passionate about and up-to-date on (or even ahead of!) all the latest internet trends from TikTok, to movies, to music, to all things social media
- Understands BuzzFeed’s voice and brand, especially lists and quizzes
- Has an advanced sense of humor
- Is organized, has time management skills, and is adaptable
- Has previous experience working in digital publishing, editing, or the internet in general — not required, but is a plus!
Please submit the following when applying to be a Community Editor:
- In lieu of a cover letter, include a few short, informal paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed post or quiz is and why.
- If you haven’t already, create a BuzzFeed Community Profile and 2-3 posts, at least two of them being quizzes. Please submit your Community posts prior to completing this application! Link to your account in the “Link to portfolio” section of your application so we can find them!
- Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.