Head of Product
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Head of Product. In this role, you will set the direction for and drive major product initiatives, including having direct responsibility for new products and those already utilized by millions of current and aspiring clinicians to support their efforts to provide the best care experience possible. You will do this while managing and mentoring a team of high performing product managers, and in collaboration with team members from across the organization.
This is a hands-on position in a unique, distributed start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently and excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As the Head of Product, you will direct the team of Product Managers and Designers, to set the strategic direction for our business, and own the implementation and execution of that product strategy. You will advocate for Osmosis and our users, building best in class products and features that deliver significant value and equip our users with the best learning experience possible.
What You’ll Do:
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop our product team using servant leadership; attract, retain and grow a high performing and value-aligned product team.
- Develop and communicate a compelling product strategy, including long-term vision and goals, that drives value for Osmosis and our users, partners, and team.
- Partner with the leadership team and cross-functional partners to develop product roadmaps, balancing long-term investments against near-term KPIs and targets.
- Funnel incoming requests from various stakeholders and prioritize projects against short term and long term business needs and communicate those priorities effectively.
- Maintain a user-centric and data-driven approach to decision making; develop user insights using rigorous A/B tests, qualitative user studies, and quantitative market research.
- Lead the product team to build a unified view of the customer journey creating detailed user stories and personas.
- Own the product life cycle, from discovery to implementation and analysis to iteration.
- Manage key projects and operate as a player/coach when needed.
Who You Are
- You prioritize mentoring and developing your team; you are an exceptional and caring people leader.
- You have a strong intuition for consumer-facing products and advocate for the user.
- You extract learnings from your previous product experience and combine that with user research and data to make key decisions.
- You operate with a bias towards action and execute with a sense of urgency.
- You communicate effectively and have a knack for understanding the needs of different stakeholders, explaining your why, and backing up your decisions with data and reason.
- You have demonstrated experience communicating with and influencing different stakeholder groups, including senior management
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values
This position is full time and remote. Must be authorized to work in the US or Canada.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, if you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at [email protected].