Our focus is on long-form, written content that helps companies educate their audience (executives, managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover.
The Sales Manager owns Animalz sales end to end. This includes hitting sales targets, reporting on key metrics, and maintaining and improving internal processes. The right candidate is an experienced content marketer who is excited to advise potential customers on content marketing, is competitive about closing deals, and enthusiastic about working with stakeholders to create an elegant customer experience.
This role reports to our CEO, and also works closely with our Customer Ops team, Content Strategists, and many of our Content Marketing Managers.
You would be an ideal Sales Manager if:
- You have two or more years of experience working at a SaaS company or agency
- You have two or more years of experience working as a content marketer (or in a similar role)
- You can work independently, with little supervision
- You have excellent communication skills, including listening, reporting, and presentation abilities
- You're extremely organized
- You're friendly, personable, and excited to develop a wide network of contacts in various industries
- You can speak knowledgeably about content marketing strategy and SEO
- You know and are passionate about the SaaS, startup, and venture capital industries
- You're a solution-oriented problem solver, interested in tackling challenges like content strategy, pricing, increasing contract size and length, and going upmarket
Candidates should also have excellent communication skills. At its core, this job is about connecting with people. You should be eager to meet get on calls and establish and grow relationships.
In this role, your day-to-day will involve:
- Scheduling and running sales calls on Zoom
- Creating, sending, and following up on proposals
- Working with the Customer Ops team to onboard new customers
- Working with the Customer Ops team to make sure the packages we sell align with the services we are best suited to provide
- Identifying opportunities for upsells and working with content managers to pitch them
- Improving our existing sales processes for maximum efficiency and transparency
- Reporting monthly to the team in our All Hands meeting
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can be available for customer calls
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary and secondary care providers
- Monthly health and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
If you have a question about this role that hasn't been answered here, or would like to ask about workplace accommodations, please reach out to workwithus @ animalz.co. Thank you!