Director of Communications, Social Media Strategy (Wayzata or remote)
Job Purpose and Impact
The Director, Social Media Strategy is responsible for driving the overall integrated social media strategy for Cargill corporate in order to increase engagement, affinity, good will, conversion and advocacy for the company. As the senior-most social strategist on the corporate team, you also will validate enterprise and function social media strategies and look for opportunities to increase impact across the organization. Also, you will work with others to create and execute issues and crisis plans and will operate as the social crisis lead for Cargill. Day-to-day, you will oversee strategy implementation, course correct, assess results and evaluate outcomes. You'll also oversee direct structured work assignments across integrated teams and/or agency partners and provide mentorship and coaching to manger-level strategists.
- Build an integrated, companywide corporate social media strategy for Cargill; update and change strategy on a rolling basis
- Effectively partner with senior leaders within communications, businesses and functions to create strategy; work as a relationship manager with these groups
- Oversee all aspects of corporate strategy execution, including campaign development and execution, content creation and channel strategy as well as measurement and insights
- Develop and oversee the execution of social and digital test-and-learn opportunities; bring forward new technologies and platforms to increase the impact of strategic efforts
- Work collaboratively with social media governance, digital and other areas of communications
- Offer counsel to earlier-in-career social media strategists; review and validate their strategies and align them to the overall corporate social media strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related work experience
- Extensive experience creating and driving digital and social media strategies within corporate environments
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to run several projects at once
- Understanding of the current marketing communications technology stack, including content management tools, social listening tools. etc.
- May require travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience working in different environments, including agency or consultancy as well as corporate
- Experience managing and executing paid and earned digital marketing including display, PPC, paid social, SEM, SEO, etc.
- Experience with web analytics platforms: Google Analytics, Adobe or Coremetrics
- Ability to motivate and guide employees who indirectly report to you
- Ability to translate complicated messaging into easily understood language