Freelance Graphic Designer
We’re a startup that believes thoughtfully designed software can play a role in improving team success while also having a positive influence on culture and happiness.
Our product allows teams to stay in sync and feel connected, even in today’s increasingly distributed workplaces. At its core, Range is a virtual stand-up that integrates with all your work tools to provide transparency and knowledge discovery. As part of a daily check-in, team members answer team-building questions and share their mood, a simple process that builds trust and psychological safety.
Because our mission is to craft new ways for organizations, teams, and individuals to unlock their full potential, we do our best to walk the talk. We endeavor to build a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and supported.
You can find more about us atand on .
One of our co-founders is a designer, so we care deeply about design and consider it a core competency of our company.
Who are you?
- You love the craft of visual design, have worked professionally as a designer, and are interested in growing your skillset.
- You’re a pragmatist. You care about design quality, but also speed. You like tinkering, but also get a thrill out of launching. You believe in iteration, not perfection.
- You can quickly absorb an existing brand style, work within that style, and thoughtfully stretch the style in new directions.
- You believe that copywriting is an important communication design skill, feel comfortable writing some UI copy, and can collaborate with writers.
- You thrive with ambiguity. When goals are unclear, you articulate them. When feedback is unclear, you pick a direction and keep moving.
- You are comfortable working on a part-time basis starting at 10 hours a week and likely increasing to more hours as our needs grow.
- You’re okay with using Figma when appropriate (e.g. for digital layouts).
- You live in the US, have a good internet connection, and can normally be available during core-hours synced with the pacific time zone (11-3 PST)
What you’ll do
- You’ll collaborate with the marketing team and design co-founders on a wide variety of visual design projects, ranging from our website and ads, to social, event, video, and content pieces
- Through your project work, you’ll have the opportunity to strengthen and better define the Range brand.
- You’ll craft visual design assets for blog articles, ad campaigns, product screenshots, infographics, and more.
- You’ll work on larger print-style visual design projects like eBooks and customer success guides.
- You’ll collaborate on designing new product marketing pages and landing pages for the Range website.
• • •
If you’d like to learn more, email. Please share a brief description of why you are excited about this opportunity, and your portfolio.