Continuous Improvement Specialist
SeaQuest is looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our growing team! Continuous Improvement Specialist will be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives throughout the company and assists the team with administrative and project coordination activities. Supports the development of new processes and drives continuous improvement to existing manual and automated processes. This individual is expected to communicate well with throughout the organization and with company leadership, operations, accounting, marketing, and sales.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within company guidelines.
- Supports process development of new processes, and continuous improvement to existing manual and automated processes.
- Study current state processes and proactively find opportunities for safety, quality, productivity, and cost improvements throughout the company.
- Facilitate kaizen initiatives.
- Root cause analysis and problem solving requiring data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Support and mentor green belt projects from individuals throughout the company. Ensure results of green belt efforts are reported to senior management.
- Support system development to engage all levels in continuous improvement.
- Follows company policy, SOPs, and guidelines and requirements.
- Participates with the aquarium support teams and maintain schedules and timelines for all assigned kaizen initiatives.
- Drafts and deploys standardized work and corresponding documentation throughout the company.
- Deliver training as required on lean, six sigma and continuous improvement topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training & Education: High School diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or Manufacturing/Business Operations is preferred, but not required.
Lean Six Sigma Certification Minimum Green Belt required (Other lean, or six sigma certifications will be considered)
- Experience in continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, operational excellence, or six sigma required. Experience making improvements in an automated manufacturing environment. Experience in PCR based medical device-systems preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Manufacturing/Business Operations plus two years continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, operational excellence, or six sigma can be substituted for the five years of required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly skilled at facilitating Kaizen and engaging teams in completing kaizen initiatives
- In-depth understating of 5s and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong problem-solving skills for both proactive an reactive improvements and high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate high-level of business judgment and clear communication with cross-functional teams and others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated organizational and mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously
- Ability to shift priorities to meet required deadlines
- Must be proficient with word processors and spreadsheet programs applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Design of experiments
- Project Leadership
- Training and development
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Continuous Improvement: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply