Tier 2 Support Engineer
Perimeter 81 is looking for an enthusiastic, professional, and driven Tier 2 Support Engineer to join our rapidly expanding, venture-backed startup.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Tier 2 Support Engineer will be responsible to solve complex customer problems, integrate into and troubleshoot customer networking solutions (Firewalls, Switches, Virtual Gateways, Cloud Infrastructure, etc), product issues and analyze platform stability as well as assisting and coaching the Tier 1 support team. You will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness via implementation of tools, scripts, and workflows.
We have 2 openings!
One for our NYC office (once COVID-19 is over), and the other is for our California office - working remotely.
If you are a skilled communicator, customer-focused and tech-savvy, this job is for you.
Working full-time Monday-Friday.
About Perimeter 81
Perimeter 81 is a Zero Trust Secure Network as a Service that is simplifying network security for the modern and distributed workforce. The team of security-as-a-service experts comes together every day to deliver a truly innovative, world-class network security service. Perimeter 81's clients range from SMBs to Fortune 500 businesses and industry leaders across a wide range of sectors, and its partners are among the world's foremost integrators, managed service providers, and channel resellers. In 2019, Gartner selected Perimeter 81 as a "Cool Vendor in Network and Cyber-Physical Systems Security”. We recently completed a $10M funding round led by our new partners, SonicWall, an industry leader in network security.
As the Tier 2 Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with Perimeter 81's customers, partners, and prospects from all around the world.
- Taking full ownership of customer technical issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root causes, and issue resolution and communication.
- Serving as a point of contact on customer escalations and ensuring customer issues are resolved.
- Leading internal escalations and communicating with the Customer Success, Sales, and R&D teams.
- Assisting in coaching and ramping up the offshore Tier 1 support team.
- Designing and maintaining the Perimeter 81 knowledge base, keeping it up-to-date with relevant information.
- Providing product feedback and insights to internal teams.
- Managing internal projects related to support such as training and support readiness for releases.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting B2B SaaS solutions for international customers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Very customer-oriented and friendly - drive to achieve a satisfied customer, not just a technical resolution.
- Self-starter, able to learn new technologies "on the fly".
- Structured and process-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under pressure.