Engineers on the business applications team at Articulate work on complex, full-stack, web-based applications, services, and APIs. Projects encompass the full e-commerce life cycle and support customer self-service, license, team and trial management, analytics, customer support, billing, and accounting. The ideal person for this job is a multi-talented Full-Stack Software Engineer who is comfortable working across and integrating a variety of internal and external platforms. This person takes ownership of their work, learns what is necessary to solve problems, and collaborates across teams to implement quality solutions.
- Develop and extend APIs across multiple frameworks and platforms, including Node.js , Ruby on Rails, and Amazon Web Services
- Contribute to our codebases and help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed by participating in design discussions, testing, and code reviews
- Learn quickly and move fast
- Assist support and operations teams in triaging and resolving production issues, including participating in on-call rotation
Qualifications and Skills
- Two years’ professional experience building full-stack web applications
- Experience working with front-end frameworks and tools (e.g., React/Redux, SASS)
- Experience with database tools and languages (e.g., SQL, key-value stores)
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience working with cross-functional team members
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
Learn more about our culture.