Copywriter, Remote - Full Time 🔥
At Macy's, Inc. we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. So we respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride, and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
The Copywriter writes persuasive copy that brings the brand narratives to life on topics as diverse as style tips & hacks, sale events, social purpose, and more. Drawing from rich customer insights and personal curiosity about shopper motivations, they craft nuanced copy that builds on the brand strategy, demonstrating that Macy’s understands what customers want and need.
Their passion for research and ability to quickly grasp project requirements shape the creative approach as they collaborate with designers to make product features and benefits clear and compelling. Through mastery of the distinctive voice and attention to detail, they engage audiences with an authentic, conversational style across digital, emerging, and traditional media. They are curious, innovative, and conceptual thinkers who thrive on collaboration and healthy debate to produce exceptional work.
The Copywriter primarily works with designers, art directors, and partners in Creative, Marketing, and Project Management. Depending on the project, they may also collaborate with partners in other creative areas, Digital, eCommerce, the Fashion Office, Philanthropy, Visual, and Merchandising to ensure a consistent brand experience.
What You Will Do
- Writes persuasive and engaging copy that drives action, increases engagement, and builds brand loyalty.
- Adapts style as needed for different types of communication, whether the objective is more inspirational, or more straightforward.
- Demonstrates expertise in crafting headlines that resonate quickly with target audiences.
- Effectively interpret information briefed for each project and challenge the brief to ensure the strategy is clear and aligned with the channel’s best practice.
- Proactively seek effectiveness in advertising by understanding the needs of our customers and researching competitors’ advertisements and campaigns.
- Deliver on the creative brief requirements and offer alternative solutions when there’s a better angle.
- Collaborate with design partners to keep the work fresh, challenge the status quo, and ultimately deliver powerful, motivating communications.
- Know the legal guidelines and formatting, ensuring compliance and consistency throughout projects.
- Stay current with ever-evolving channel best practices.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize a high volume of work and coordinate with Project Management to effectively meet deadlines.
- Proofread and self-edit to deliver work that is accurate and achieves standards of creative excellence and technical quality.
Copywriting: Ability to write clear, compelling copy that embodies the voice of the brand and adapts style for different communication objectives.
Market Research: Proactive approach to understanding customer needs and researching competitors' advertisements and campaigns to enhance advertising effectiveness.
Collaboration: Skill in collaborating with design partners to maintain freshness in work, challenge the status quo, and deliver powerful communications.
Proofreading and Editing: Capability to proofread and self-edit work to deliver accurate content that meets standards of creative excellence and technical quality.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Ability to effectively utilize Adobe Creative Suite tools for creative projects.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Strong communication skills, practicing open and continuous communication, and effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
Who You Are
- Dedicated to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion, and respect that Macy’s aspires to achieve every day in every way.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field are encouraged to apply. 1-3 years of copywriting experience.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating strategic & creative strength.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands/fingers to touch, handle, and feel. Occasionally required to move about the workplace and reach with hands and arms. Requires close vision.
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits rooted in principles of equity
- Performance incentives and annual merit review
- Merchandise discounts
- Health and Wellness Benefits across medical, dental, vision, and additional insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with 401k match opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health counseling and legal/financial advice)
- Resources for continuous learning, career growth, and leadership development
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (first year prorated depending on start date)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Guild education benefit funds 100% of tuition, books, and fees in designated programs
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) and give-back/volunteer opportunities
- Empowerment and autonomy to perform impactful work with tangible results
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing, and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy, and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive. Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at macysJOBS.com.