Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Position: Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Miami, New York, or Telecommute
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a self-motivated and goal-oriented professional for the position of Manager, Strategic Initiatives. The Manager plays an important role by providing direct project support to the Strategic Initiatives (SI) team and its portfolio of programs, projects, and initiatives. This position is open for an office-based position in Miami, Florida, or New York or as a remote position.
It is essential that the Manager demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness, and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work on projects that are aligned with the strategic and mission driven priorities of the Strategic Initiative’s team and organization.
- Support the SI team in the planning and development of projects and materials (e.g., PPT slides, summary reports, memos, email communications, etc.) related to SI department programs, collaborations, partnerships, and presentations and more.
- Provide project management support to SI team and core initiatives including set up/ongoing use of project plans and tools, developing/tracking agendas, capturing action items and due dates and more.
- Assist with the coordination of logistics, materials preparation, active meeting support (e.g., note-taking) and other tasks/follow-up as required related to key internal and external meetings.
- Help support day-to-day internal and external communications (e.g., emails, scheduling, outreach, etc.) including those with Foundation partners, external healthcare stakeholders, program/project collaborators, and internal PF team members to support project operations and strong relationship management.
- Provide support to SI team in developing and managing programs and project deliverables including conducting targeted research, drafting/editing/polishing emails, written reports, and presentations and helping coordinate between internal staff and teams and external partners, healthcare professionals and others.
- Actively participate in internal team meetings, cross-departmental meetings, brainstorming sessions, trainings and more and regularly collaborate with PF team members from across diverse teams/programs.
- Provide administrative, project/program data tracking and data entry support as needed to SI team and related programs/projects to help enable quality and timely operations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience; writing, research and analysis, consulting/client services, and/or project management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong research/information gathering skills and ability to synthesize information and present key findings in compelling written and presentation/slide formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams while being adaptable in supporting development of high-quality project deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to comfortably interact with wide array of stakeholders, including staff, external partners, volunteers, and others.
- Superior organizational skills that reflect ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfortable learning how to utilize new technologies.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Forms proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrates the organizational values of excellence, teamwork, collaboration, integrity, positivity, dedication, and responsiveness.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.