Director Of It
Director of IT – Full Time, Available Immediately
Remote Team – All employees work from home offices with occasional travel for all-team in-person meetings
Reports to Head of Operations
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Multiplier’s mission is to accelerate impact for initiatives focused on protecting and fostering a healthy, sustainable, resilient, and equitable world. Growing threats to our planet and its people require holistic solutions, both locally and globally. The projects in our portfolio span a broad array of cross-sector strategies in land and ocean conservation, public health, education and leadership, economic development, clean energy, climate resilience, sustainable food systems, energy efficiency, social and environmental equity, and more.
With $56 million in revenue in 2022, Multiplier is a high-performance, rapidly growing organization. To support this growth, we are seeking a colleague to join our technology team in the position of Director of IT, and we are poised to hire immediately. The Director will play a leadership role in the administering Multiplier’s key technology systems and supporting our portfolio of 50 projects with technology needs.
Multiplier’s Director of IT is at the forefront of our organization's digital evolution. In this pivotal leadership role, they will be entrusted with the dual responsibility of strengthening our IT infrastructure, ensuring it remains resilient, compliant, and in sync with our mission, while also being an IT strategist for our diverse projects and our core team. Their deep IT knowledge and knack for proactive solutions will empower our teams, ensuring they leverage technology effectively to foster growth, collaboration, and optimization. The Director of IT thrives in an environment where technology meets strategy and they are eager to make a lasting impact.
- Direct the strategic assessment and mitigation of IT risks. Lead the development of a comprehensive IT risk management framework.
- Architect advanced business continuity and disaster recovery strategies, ensuring minimal operational impact in crisis scenarios.
- Lead the development of IT policies and procedures, ensuring they not only comply with regulatory requirements but also support strategic business goals.
- Drive the adoption of innovative digital security tools and best practices, staying ahead of emerging threats. Establish a culture of security awareness throughout the organization.
- Strategically manage the organization’s technology assets, optimizing investments and ensuring technological agility.
- Implement advanced systems for monitoring and rapidly responding to technical issues.
Strategic IT Leadership
- Craft and communicate a visionary IT strategy that aligns with the organization’s long-term goals and adapts to the evolving technological landscape. Lead the charge in positioning IT as a key driver for project and organizational success.
- Spearhead the integration of digital technology across the organization, advocating for digital transformation initiatives that enhance organizational operational efficiency.
- Lead strategic collaboration across teams to streamline processes and implement automated IT solutions, enhancing operational efficiency at a team level.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and technological advancement. Implement organization-wide programs to elevate digital literacy and tech proficiency.
- Ensure the organization maximizes the potential of collaboration tools like Microsoft 365, Azure AD, and SharePoint, aligning them with business needs and enhancing team productivity.
- Enable a high-performing core team and projects by minimizing technical disruptions and ensuring swift resolution of issues.
Project Consulting and Support
- Provide high-level IT consultancy to projects, aligning technology strategies with business goals. Act as a strategic partner in guiding IT best practices and long-term technological planning.
- Oversee the consistent application of IT standards and practices across projects, ensuring they align with organizational strategies and compliance requirements.
- Lead technology transitions across projects, ensuring seamless integration and minimal disruption. Develop strategies for effective onboarding and offboarding of project teams with regard to IT resources.
- Advise projects on best practices for website compliance, domain management, and utilization of specific tools like Multiplier’s Esri account (ArcGIS).
- Ensure that projects benefit from available technology discounts and adhere to all technological standards and agreements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
As a visionary leader with a wealth of IT management experience, you excel in both developing overarching IT strategies and diving into the nitty-gritty of tech administration. You're not just any leader though; you're a wizard at collaboration and communication, making tech-talk fun and accessible for all team members. And there's more to you than just tech smarts; you're a true people person, passionate about guiding others to harness IT for not just growth and efficiency, but for real, tangible impact, with the underlying belief that work and fun go hand-in-hand. You thrive on brainstorming sessions, turning them into incubators for unique and sustainable IT solutions and when faced with challenges, your creative and analytical mind thrives, turning problems into innovative, forward-thinking solutions.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUESTED:
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of the Director of IT role. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be looking for candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- 6-10 years in IT, with 5+ in leadership.
- Expertise in Microsoft 365, Azure AD, and SharePoint, complemented by a comprehensive understanding of modern IT infrastructure, cloud technologies, and cybersecurity practices.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills: able to engage with stakeholders, simplify complex info, and maintain urgency and professionalism in interactions.
- Proven experience in guiding organizational technology solutions and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strategic thinker, adept in both high-level planning and hands-on tasks.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs, and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other factor that is not based on merit.