Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our Security Foundations team. The Security Foundations team is part of the Security org, which is broadly responsible for upholding user trust. This team is focused on building software services and product experiences around improving trust in areas such as Identity, Privacy, Access Control, Secret Management, and Fraud and Abuse protection. This role involves building and operating user experiences in these areas. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including product, marketing, and data science, to ensure our user-facing features uphold our trust goals.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Front-End Engineer on Security Foundations, your work will be highly impactful and visible. You will help shape how users authenticate, consent, and interact with their data.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop a world-class user experience to help our users control their consent as they navigate Grammarly’s products.
- Make a meaningful impact on our business by influencing the user experience and trust in our product offerings through sign-in, account verification, consent, and role management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and designers on a stream of privacy initiatives to drive business impact.
- Learn the industry's best trust practices.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has a growth mindset and is focused on delivering measurable business impact.
- Has a strong command of modern front-end technologies such as ReactJS.
- Can quickly adapt to new codebases written in different languages and paradigms.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $262,000 – $290,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: $236,000 – $260,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: $223,000 – $245,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: $210,000 – $233,000/year (USD)
Zone 1: $216,000 – $250,000/year (CAD)
Zone 2: $184,000 – $215,000/year (CAD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Engineer and Engineer jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $110,000/year
🏖 Paid time off
San Francisco, California, United States