At Lava we believe blockchain data should be accurate and access to this data should be scalable, private, and uncensored. Our mission is to create a marketplace for blockchain data via aligned token incentives and an open-source protocol for RPC nodes and APIs. We are backed by some of the top crypto-native venture capital funds and angel investors.
With a deep technical background in cybersecurity, we have extensive experience in finding, exploiting, or patching digital vulnerabilities. As a team we are accomplished founders, CTOs, engineers, and business people inspired to support the creativity blockchains are unlocking and its future applications.
Lava is remote-first with team members from across the world.
Where we need help: Engineers from across the world are working together to build on our open source code-base built on the Cosmos SDK ecosystem. Lava Network is seeking a Senior Back-End Developer skilled at designing, building and deploying highly secure, scalable and maintainable back-end service for Lava’s decentralized network.
- Develop backend services and API for Lava’s new products as well as other internal applications as necessary
- Write clean and scalable code to develop highly functional web applications
- Keep track of the evolving technologies and maintain documentation
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps colleagues to bring ideas to production
- Work with other R&D teams to progress company-wide projects
- Professional experience as a back-end developer of 5+ years (Node/Python/C++)
- Professional experience in Typescript and programming in Golang
- Experience working with large codebase and distributed teams
- Strong understanding of database schema design
- Development experience on cloud computing platforms
- Strong understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with high load applications and performance tuning experience
- Passionate about the crypto markets, blockchain technology, and decentralized applications
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.**
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjust quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication in English: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately in English
About our Culture:
We are passionate about what we’re doing and our distributed global team is already working well together from 14 different countries. We feel our shared values are the secret to our energized culture.
- We are learning and unafraid of asking basic questions
- We each take the initiative, we are capable and reliable
- We respect each other’s time because it is valuable
- We choose our battles
- Feedback delivered with kindness is great, even if difficult to say or hear
- We listen with the intent to understand and change our mind
- We pick up the phone to resolve friction
- We take ownership of misses and direct praise to the team
- We choose joy to increase positivity
If you and your peers agree we’re describing you, and our beliefs and values resonate, please introduce yourself by applying!
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Crypto, DevOps, Cloud, Typescript, API, Senior and Backend jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $105,000/year
🌎 Distributed team