Digital Copywriter 🔥
Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $45 - 55 per hour
Cella is searching for a Digital Copywriter to join our client, a leader in the oil and gas industry, for a long-term, contract opportunity.
As Digital Copywriter, you will be responsible for producing the written content for webpages and associated animation/video content, working closely with the account and design teams to brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and articulate messaging.
This role requires a superb storyteller comfortable appealing to a wide range of audiences to increase brand engagement within an established website. You'll be responsible for writing and editing content that aligns with style, tone, and brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate is a highly strategic thinker that understands brand objectives, the development and use of user personas, web content best practices, and SEO optimization. The role will collaborate closely with the Art Director and other cross-functional teammates to craft highly creative web experiences.
- Craft website content within the voice, tone, and style of the brand.
- Write video scripts for online content.
- Utilize SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Suggest new ways to engage the audience.
- Research, plan and write inspiring, informative, engaging and audience-relevant copy.
- Work with the Art Director and creative team to create and modify content.
- Create and interpret project deliverables for website content.
- Edit and proofread material as demand and scheduling requires.
- Engage in professional development to remain competitive within the industry.
- Support the ACD and creative team in developing creative strategies and concepts.
- Play an active role in leading conceptual ideation in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Provide ACD unsolicited ideas and insights on market trends, competitive marketing or innovations.
- Contribute to development of initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
- Actively participate in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics, and brand insights.
- Partner with the ACD, Project Managers, Marcom Planners, account team and the business to achieve effective and efficient outcomes.
- Engage with the ACD in client meetings to review briefs, build project plans and kick off projects and present creative work.
- Work to improve the team's overall performance and embrace a collaborative approach.
- Actively seek teammates for their input and insights on developing projects.
- Provide open and honest feedback to supporting team members with the goal of striving to be the best.
- Collaborate with team members to establish objectives, complete tasks and identify and solve problems.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal team members on brand-building projects.
- Mentor new team members by offering support and counsel on aspects of their role as requested by the creative team lead.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- External or in-house agency experience, or corporate-side content experience.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience.
- Demonstrated career success in content strategy/content creation for digital channels.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret content/style and brand guidelines.
- Digital portfolio required.
- Copywriting experience with Fortune 500 corporations is preferred.
- Oil/Gas or Energy industry experience is desired.
- External agency experience preferred.
- In-house agency experience optional.
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to write within established styles and to other people's direction.
- Excellent storytelling skills and an ability to write web content to engage distinct audiences.
- Superior ideation skills to generate highly creative and innovative concepts.
- Ability to draft copy with limited direction.
- Experienced working with a house style guide.
- Working knowledge of AP Style Guidelines.
- Proven ability to edit content for accuracy and completion.
- Proven ability to research, plan, write and edit copy by project deadlines.
- Proven experience engaging directly with clients and subject matter experts on complex topics to develop distinct key messages.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to project stakeholders, with prompt responses to issues and challenges.
- Experienced collaborating with team members to achieve organizational goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with editorial planning calendars or tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, a randstad digital company, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Cella by randstad digital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).