Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $25 - 30 per hour
Are you passionate about ensuring accurate and reliable health information reaches readers? Join our client's team as a Fact Checker, where you'll play a crucial role in upholding the integrity of their content, specifically focusing on health and medical topics.
As a Fact Checker, you will be responsible for meticulously reviewing existing articles to identify health and medical information that requires authoritative sources. You will conduct thorough internet searches to find trustworthy sources, ensuring accuracy and credibility. Your contributions will involve verifying and cross-referencing data to enhance the quality of our articles. You'll collaborate with the editorial team to make necessary edits or provide comments for adjustments when information does not align with authoritative sources. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail and a strong background in fact-checking for digital or print publications.
- Review and fact-check health and medical information in existing articles.
- Conduct internet searches to source authoritative and reliable information.
- List sources at the bottom of articles in compliance with the brand style guide.
- Make necessary edits using Track Changes or leave comments for adjustments.
- Ensure that the provided information aligns with established medical authorities and institutions.
- Source information from respected organizations, including government agencies, medical authorities, renowned hospitals, and established institutions. Sources will be listed in title case, including the name of the organization/journal, the name of the webpage/report (hyperlinked), and the month and year of publication.
- Experience level: Experienced
- At least two years of experience in fact-checking editorial content for digital or print publications/outlets.
- Familiarity with pregnancy, parenting, health, and medical topics is a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication and the ability to work autonomously.
- Proficiency in using Track Changes and similar tools for document review.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.