🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
We're a small but mighty team looking to build out the rest of our early team.
As our first Data Engineer, you'll help to deliver the best data foundation that drives impact through informed decision making. You will conceptualize and own the data architecture for multiple large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within system, you will also create and contribute to frameworks that improve the efficacy of product logging data. Lastly, you will design, build, and launch collections of sophisticated data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across different domains such as product, marketing and support.
Most importantly, you'll be building this company with us. There's a lot to figure out. We want to work with folks who care deeply about the process of building the right company: from what operating values we should have, building out the rest of the team, decisions about how we should scale, and everything in between.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you…
- Previously worked in a fast-paced engineering environment. Ideally, you have 5+ years of experience working in a data engineer or data scientist role.
- Can Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact
- Collaborate with XFN partners understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code through advanced algorithmic concepts
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts
- Are intellectually curious and enjoy digging into the nuts and bolts of how things work.
- Debate without animosity or ego. We thrive on thinking from first principles, questioning assumptions, and always pushing to make things better.
- Care deeply not just about data, but about building the right product and company culture. As a founding team member, you’ll have a huge impact on the company’s story.
The salary range for this role is $170,000-$230,000 to be determined through our interview processAt Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.