Business Operations Program Manager 🔥
We are seeking an experienced Business Operations Program Manager to lead cross-functional initiatives from inception through execution. In this role, you’ll supportand and be responsible for designing and delivering large and/or concurrent medium-sized projects. You will focus primarily on how GTM, Build, and Operations teams come together to deliver our flagship ZapConnect conference and multiple product launch moments throughout the year. This role demands exceptional organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to drive collaboration and alignment across several teams.
This is a new function within our Biz Ops team. We’re excited to bring on a dynamic and driven program management leader to shape how cross-functional initiatives are successfully delivered. If this is you and you’re looking to advance your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, read on…
- You have delivered high-impact, high-visibility programs across the organization. You have 5+ years of progressive, cross-functional program management experience leading large-scale strategic initiatives, preferably for software or technology companies. You have facilitated strategy definition, program scope identification, cross-team planning, timeline alignment, and issue and risk management. You have motivated and guided varied workstreams to realize committed outcomes and deliverables with speed and quality.
- You’re a skilled generalist, with expertise in program management. Our Biz Ops team is a collection of generalists who can work across the organization, but we also have a to our experiences that complement each other. You bring a deep understanding of project and program management methodologies, tools, and best practices, along with a breadth of varied skills and experiences, to allow you to ramp up quickly on a wide range of business needs, respond to dynamic environments, and deliver outcomes beyond a single department.
- You balance structured approaches and agility. You know the importance of setting solid project and program management foundations while ensuring the flexibility and creativity necessary for speed and innovation. You can distinguish between overly intricate processes and streamlined solutions to achieve business objectives.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. This role will be responsible for the outcomes of projects and programs but will have no direct-line manager authority. You are adept at navigating organizations, establishing relationships with diverse stakeholders, and helping teams deliver their best work without relying on org-structure authority. You foster seamless collaboration among various teams to ensure a unified approach and delivery to strategic programs.
- You’re an excellent communicator. We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier, so this bullet appears in most jobs. It’s critical in this role as your comms will reach project and program team members, executive stakeholders, and the broader company. You will also lead program meetings and drive our governance rhythms, so you are comfortable presenting material to all levels of the organization. Whether you are communicating in oral or written form, you are clear, concise, and understand that the audience’s time is more valuable than your own.
Things You’ll Do
- Lead and oversee the execution of strategic programs spanning multiple cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and priorities. Your primary focus will be on orchestrating the end-to-end planning and delivery of our Zap Connect annual conference and product launch moments across our GTM, Build, and Operations functions.
- Develop and communicate a clear program vision, goals, and success criteria to all stakeholders, aligning team members with a shared sense of purpose and direction.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders, department leads, and team members to establish program objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of comprehensive program plans, including timelines, resources, risk management, and communication strategies.
- Monitor program progress, track key performance metrics, and provide regular status updates to executive leadership and stakeholders. Establish and run governance processes to ensure decisions, problem-solving, issue and risk management, and program communications are timely and consistent.
- Continuously improve program outcomes by analyzing results, identifying lessons learned, and implementing best practices for future programs.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are (min - mid - max):
USA: 138,300 - 172,900 - 207,500
Canada: 138,300 - 172,900 - 207,500
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Ourprovides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check outfor a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.