Manager Of Research and Field Support
Position Title: Manager of Research and Field Support
Location: Fully remote within the U.S.
Reports to: Regional Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
About Over Zero: Over Zero, a project of the Hopewell Fund, works to create societal resilience to political and identity-based violence. Underpinning this work is a commitment to ensuring research and practice continually inform one another to boost impact, and we collaborate with a range of academics, researchers, and practitioners globally toward this end. We are deeply committed to our organizational culture, which includes values of co-creation, discovery, do no harm, impact, and wholeness.
About the Position: Over Zero is seeking a Manager of Research and Field Support to join its team. A new position, the Manager of Research and Field Support will play a central role in growing Over Zero’s research-practice pipeline, building out our public facing publications and resources, and supporting our efforts to bolster and support the identity-based and political violence prevention field.
If you are passionate about identifying and addressing risks for identity-based and political violence, eager to translate research into social impact, and excited to join a startup environment at a critical growth moment, we encourage you to apply!
Responsibilities & Tasks
Grow and manage Over Zero’s research-practice pipeline, which facilitates learning and collaboration between researchers and practitioners.
- Surface research insights and field learnings to integrate into Over Zero’s trainings, programming, publications, and resources.
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant researchers and organizations.
- Conduct and/or manage the commissioning of interdisciplinary literature reviews as needed.
- Manage and help grow Over Zero’s cross-contextual learning model by convening and designing collaborative programming between researchers and practitioners that are addressing political violence and related risks, both domestically and globally.
Help manage Over Zero’s public facing resources and writing.
- Collaborate across Over Zero teams and partner organizations to surface new ideas for public facing products that address field needs and advance impact.
- Identify researchers, practitioners, and other experts to guest author or co-author pieces.
- Author or contribute to blogs, articles, and reports as appropriate.
- Manage the development of public facing resources and publications.
- Help promote Over Zero’s public facing publications and tools.
Support Over Zero’s field-level efforts.
- Work across Over Zero to plan, design, and host convenings, roundtables and other events.
- Represent Over Zero at relevant convenings and events.
- Contribute to developing new frameworks, tools, and resources that explore risks and responses to political and identity-based violence. Work with the team to socialize these frameworks with peer organizations and the broader field.
Support organizational learning & strategy planning.
- Contribute to organizational strategy planning, grant proposals, and donor- and public-facing documentation of Over Zero’s work.
- Support evaluating and learning from Over Zero programs.
Over Zero staff model and support a respectful results-oriented, and fun work environment built on collaboration. The team strives to embody Over Zero's organizational values: co-creation, discovery, do no harm, impact, and wholeness.
All employees of Hopewell are required to complete timesheets.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is passionate about working across disciplines, sectors, and contexts to counteract political and identity-based violence. Specific requirements include:
- Deep commitment to Over Zero’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Master’s degree in relevant field; PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – for instance, in building and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships, supporting or managing research projects, designing field-level convenings, or analysis and understanding of political and identity-based violence in the U.S. and/or globally.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical insights to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, interpret, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research findings from academic, government, and non-governmental sources. Proficiency in statistical analysis preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with a range of individuals in research institutions, nonprofit organizations, government, foundations, and private sectors.
- Basic fluency in Microsoft Office and project management platforms (e.g., Teamwork, Asana) or ability and desire to learn.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively as part of a team and with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally (attendance at regular in-person events may be required).
- Must have US work authorization.
How to Apply
Complete your application directly on our careers page : https://overzero.applytojob.com/apply/ 
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications submitted prior to June 20, 2023 will be given priority.
Please submit your résumé as a PDF using the upload function integrated with the online application. In lieu of a cover letter, please respond to the questionnaire presented in the application with approximately 1-2 paragraphs per response. The questions are as follows:
- Why are you interested in this position at this moment in your career?
- How are you well suited to contribute to Over Zero's mission and to this role in particular?
- What makes you a great member of a team?
- What about Over Zero's values  is most appealing to you?
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and contacting those applicants selected for an interview. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary range: The starting salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000, commensurate with the candidate’s relevant experience, capabilities, and skills, and in alignment with internal equity.
Benefits: In addition to our competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% automatic contribution and a 3% employer match on 401(k) contributions
- Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
- Mobile phone and technology benefits
- Paid holiday (9 standard + 4 floating), vacation (4 weeks per year), sick, volunteer, and office closure time off
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S.
- Commitment to professional development and growth.
Over Zero is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to create a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious cred, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Hopewell Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@hopewellfund.org.