[hiring] Senior Cloud Software Engineer @venafi 🔥
Apr 28, 2023 - Venafi is hiring a remote Senior Cloud Software Engineer. 📍Location: Bulgaria.
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, machine identities are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that manages and protects machine identities, the most important security initiative in our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cybercriminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
As a Senior Cloud Software Engineer at Venafi, you will be part of an extremely motivated, dedicated, and experienced team that protects many of the largest organizations in the world. We are looking for self-starting, fast learners with ideas to join our team and make an impact.
In this role you will:
- Innovate, design, implement, maintain, and evolve Venafi Cloud offering, (a.k.a. as Venafi as a Service - VaaS)
- Collaborate within an industry-leading engineering team to develop, manage, and execute on the overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables
- Implement REST APIs and other backend application code (mainly Java and Go Lang microservices)
- Develop efficient and appropriate entities to model database relations using relational and non-relational databases
- Develop React UI components as needed to deliver features and functionality to users
- Write unit, integration and functional tests as needed in order to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly and specification is met
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Proficient with Java, Jersey, Spring
- Relational or noSQL Database experience and ORM frameworks
- Experienced with at least one modern JS framework like React/Angular
- Experience writing unit, integration and functional tests using Junit
- Ability to write clean, consistent, and well documented code following best practices of the industry and Venafi
- A keen eye for securely written performant and scalable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to change development context based on team and customer priorities
What sets you apart?
- Experience in some of: Go Lang, Cassandra, Redis, PostgreSQL, Solr, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Working in a Continuous Delivery/Deployment environment
- Developing Cloud products with zero-downtime requirements
- Microservices architecture
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Background with security companies and/or security related software
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to offering flexible and remote work arrangements, Venafi offers a benefit package that is in the top 1%. We provide access to private medical and dental insurance
for team members that is 100% paid for by Venafi and subsidized at 50% of the premium for family members. We offer 25 Paid Holidays, Public Holidays, 4 Volunteer “pick your own community service day”, sick time topped up to full pay for the first 30 days, as well as 1 extra floating holiday per year. We also provide a generous group risk benefit package which includes life insurance for insured sum of 100000 EUR, temporary and permanent disability cover, as well as income protection of up to 5000EUR. We also partner with Progyny to offer coverage for fertility treatments, surrogacy, and adoption. All Team Members get access to wellness benefits with Multisport card and an online platform, “Nivati”, and receive a monthly phone stipend of 55BGN paid via payroll.
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!