software Engineer I
The Software Engineer I is responsible for understanding the business and how to apply/augment the IT application architecture to plan, design, build and integrate state of the art solutions for the MISTRAS customer facing client base. The role requires a strong understanding and experience with latest software technologies and relational database architecture and structure.
- Work with a focused software team of developers, QA, and product owners to develop and support MISTRAS customer facing industrial applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to design, develop and test your code and the applications.
- Deliver support for escalated tickets. Troubleshoot, debug and resolve client reported issues.
- Timely response to communications from others, inside and outside the company.
- Engage in continued independent learning of development practices.
- Contribute to regular software team meetings through asking questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Ability to effectively test and document your own work.
- Anticipate business needs and communicate/pitch new ideas.
- Great organizational and time-management skills, including an ability to estimate project completion times.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and self-directed: Desire to proactively tackle challenges and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts.
- Ability to learn and pick up new technologies very quickly.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to participate, hands-on, across many phases of the SDLC: Business Analysis, IT Project Management, System design, Software Development, and QA Testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. degree in a computer or engineering related field. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Experience using an object-oriented language (Java, .NET)
o Experience with C# preferred.
- Other desirable experience
o Experience with Oracle or SQL Server relational databases.
o Experience developing ESRI ArcMap/ArcPro, ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Runtime applications.
o Experience with linear referencing systems.
o Knowledge of the Gas Pipeline Industry.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
Target Hiring Range- 65k-80k
401K, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Dependent Life Plan, and Supplemental Life Plan.
Please apply to the link below:
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
- Health insurance