junior Web Designer - Fully Remote 🔥
Do you have a passion for creative digital content with great design? Do you look at a blog post or webpage and instantly know how to make it better? ReminderMedia is looking to hire a junior web designer to join our growing content team. The person in this role will be responsible for creating our monthly digital magazines, weekly blog posts, and digital design for web, email, and social media. If you have a passion for digital design and a desire to learn more, this could be the role for you!
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Download and size multiple images for blogs across all websites.
- Upload images and format copy for blogs across all websites.
- Maintain the tagging of all content across all websites to improve ease of use for customers.
- Maintain an Upcoming Issue Calendar and Issue Archive across all websites.
- Build Digital Edition (digital magazines) in WordPress, including finding and formatting images for all articles.
- Finalize and confirm all digital books are ready for deployment each month to customers, free from error.
- Maintain a posting schedule for Branded Posts (blog posts) and update and repost current content.
- Maintain content on websites, including updating individual webpages with new content and images.
- Design monthly emails and landing pages showcasing digital content calendars for customers.
- Design and post social media graphics as assigned.
- Take a proactive lead in ensuring optimum website usability, accessibility, and simplicity for customers and offer suggestions for improvement to direct supervisor.
- Analyze web measurement data to make recommendations and implement improvements to further marketing objectives.
- Maintain SEO data for all Wordpress pages.
- Communicate continuing changes to web sites to management and internal users.
- Maintain directory organization of all original, working, and final images in Data Asset Manager.
- Consistently hit deadlines while managing several projects at once.
- Keep up to date with the latest web standards and trends.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a design related field required
- Knowledge of best practices on the web and prior web design experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Wordpress.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated understanding of Internet design issues (browser usability, cross-platform compatibility, color, quick loading of images, and user experience).
- A design portfolio to show us examples of your work.
- Keen understanding of design principles.
- Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- Must be a quick learner, proactive, ambitious, and have a strong sense of ownership and pride in work.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Permanent residency in one of the following states is required: DE, TN, FL, NJ, PA, MN, TX, NC, OK, CO, WA, NM, GA, AZ, MI, IN, MO or NV only. Do you reside in any of the states mentioned? 
- To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must provide a link to their portfolio/work samples. Please paste this link here.
Work Location: Remote
- Health insurance