accountant Ii 🔥
Management Travel team. Processes travel and other types of payments.
Provides customer service to internal and external customers. Work involves
researching, resolving discrepancies, and making sure that all required
documentation is attached to the payment.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid remote telework schedule after minimal
requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions:
Reviews/audits, reconciles, and processes agency records and payments. Audits incoming travel claims, statements, invoices, advances, and settlements for accuracy. (40%)
Works with Team Lead and Manager to provide excellent customer service while confirming that all documentation has been received. Coordinate with travelers and others to policies are met. Answers questions, research problems and follows up as necessary. Works within defined systems to process payments. (40%)
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Interprets, researches, and serves as subject matter experts to internal and external customers for travel and other payments. (20%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
1. Basic knowledge of accounting, either through education or experience.
2. Knowledge of automated accounting systems.
3. Ability to review/audit payment requests.
4. Ability to interpret and apply processes to successfully make payments.
5. Ability to effectively communicate, oral and in writing.
6. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
1. Experience in basic accounting functions through higher education or other positions.
2. Experience with using automated accounting systems.
3. Experience in auditing/reviewing payment requests.
4. Experience with efficiently interpreting and applying processes to make payments.
5. Excellent written communication skills as observed on the state application.
6. Experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
Requisition Number 559235
36B, LS, SK, 3432, 6F0X1
Top 10 Tips for Success when Applying to Jobs at HHSC and DSHS
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.