Staff Product Designer, Design Systems 🔥
The base salary range for this role is $121,000 per year - $200,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality. You’ll collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary UX, product management and engineering team to frame user needs and behavior, define the optimal user flow and interactions, and ultimately deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is grounded in solid research. In this role, you’ll focus your efforts on leading and evolving our design system, from our Figma libraries to collaboration with the client platform engineering team. The ideal candidate is someone who is a strong systems thinker, practical collaborator, and a hands-on design leader elevating and empowering the entire design team through their craft, paving the way for innovation.
- Helping to craft the vision for our design systems by identifying new opportunities and prioritizing enhancements
- Drive the evolution of the Fanatics Experience Design System by helping to drive the roadmap and providing components, frameworks, documentation, prototypes, tooling, and guidance.
- Collaborate across the design team to craft a collaborative approach to contribution, so the entire team is involved in growing the system.
- Work with Product Designers and Software Engineers to develop and integrate the system into our client platform.
- Collaborate with Content Design to write documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration efforts like workshops & design sprints in order to generate and evaluate creative solutions.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on feedback from internal stakeholders and end users
- Capture and think through logical/implementable solutions for edge-cases and unhappy paths for engineering teams to build out
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion, using common prototyping tools
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading large-scale initiatives, creating and maintaining multiplatform design systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading federated design systems and working cross-functionally.
- Experience conducting accessibility evaluations of components and/or page-level designs, excellent knowledge of accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and a track record of advocating for accessibility improvements and prioritization.
- A track record of designing high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that clearly communicate complex concepts across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions inside and outside your own product area.
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your rationale
- You understand front-end code, the limitations of technology and have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- You are curious and like to stay in tuned with the latest updates and techniques.
- You are a teacher and like guiding others on best practices and latest techniques.
- You are a proactive self-starter, systems thinker, comfortable with taking what is ambiguous and making it tangible by leveraging design thinking techniques.
- Expert in Figma as well as other design and prototyping tools.
- Open to regular travel to events and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.