Senior Full Stack Java Developer - Remote Opportunity 🔥
This position will be a remote opportunity, applying only to Eastern & Central Standard Time zone States.
This Senior Full Stack Java Developer will work with a team of 10 consisting of Developers, Testers, and Business Analysts. This role will design and develop software applications on J2EE platform. This role will also develop, test, and deploy necessary fixes and application upgrades in collaboration with partners and other IT support teams.
In this role, you will:
- Develop detailed program specifications and unit test code.
- Participate in integration and regression testing.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and supports the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches.
- Troubleshoot application/database/system issues and provide a Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Develop/build enhancements to solution as required by stakeholders and business.
- Participate in code reviews – peer and junior.
- Mentor junior staff members for career development.
- Perform other tasks and technical duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related disciplines e.g., Engineering.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in developing, implementing, and/or supporting large and complex web-based applications using the following applications/software:
- Spring Framework
- Open Source frameworks
- Oracle SOA middleware
- REST WebServices
- Relational database such as Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards for design and application development.
- Exceptional skills/talent troubleshooting and fixing complex web-based application/system issues.
- Strong working knowledge in SDLC and Agile process.
- A solid understanding of highly available architecture and experience supporting mission-critical services.
- Hands-on technology experience in Java, Hibernate, Oracle DB, SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Microsoft Windows, and Linux OS.
- A strong sense of ownership and urgency in supporting a mission-critical business environment.
- The ability to work under limited supervision and experience completing deliverables within time.
- Ability to travel as needed.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our team across the globe on a passionate, talented, and diverse Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career! In compliance with state and local laws regarding pay transparency, the salary range for this role is $106,177.50 to $176,962.50; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Company Overview: Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).