manager/sr Manager, Marketing - Practical Nonfiction Books 🔥
Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced and creative marketer for the Zeitgeist division. This title-marketing position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Growth Analytics, and will lead innovative consumer-facing campaigns, as well as partner on overall marketing strategies, to bring the imprints’ publications to the largest possible readership. They will be a key voice in marketing needs for a future title, author selection and how to be reach consumers.
The Manager or Senior Manager will be hands on in the creation and execution of customized campaigns for a variety of authors and books, help set and meet sales goals, and drive discovery and engagement. This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader on the marketing team and lead author management initiatives for Zeitgeist, collaborate across departments, build meaningful partnerships and relationships, as well as help in all levels of data-driven marketing, social media and influencer marketing, publicity, review acquisition, and author selection.
Zeitgeist brings a practical and direct approach to nonfiction, with consumer-needs driven books that inform, inspire, and activate people’s commitment to improving their lives. Zeitgeist offers accessible content, tools, and expertise across a wide range of practical nonfiction, including health, wellness, diet, cookbooks, parenting, pregnancy, spirituality, and much more.
- Create, lead, and execute innovative title-marketing campaigns, pre-order plans and promotional strategy for individual books.
- Collaborate and consult closely with authors to implement marketing strategy, including development of digital content, timelines and integration across author’s social media or related platforms, and advising authors on how to best leverage their community and network.
- Devise influencer marketing campaigns and develop relationships with social media influencers across platforms to maximize exposure of titles, and drive sales.
- Write marketing copy to enhance a social media post, landing page or product detail page.
- Create creative briefs when working with the design team to give direction on assets for social media, publicity partners and the product page.
- Monitor and track author and social media marketing activity and analyze results to gain meaningful insights.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Growth Analytics, marketing team, and cross-departmentally to constantly refine and improve overall marketing strategy.
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience to be considered at the Manager level; Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience to be considered at the Senior Manager level; experience working within the publishing industry is a strong plus
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to demonstrate, with examples, the execution of successful marketing campaigns from strategy through end-product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with talent to speak persuasively and effectively with top authors and key stakeholders.
- Self-sufficient and a leader with ability to take initiative, create strategy and execute a project from start to finish.
- Stays on top of the initiatives with social media marketing.
- Collaborative spirit and desire to learn and grow in the position.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and keep projects moving independently.
- Interest in exploring new trends, audiences, platforms, and tools, and testing new tactics for reaching readers.
- Genuine interest in nonfiction publishing, such as self-help and psychology categories, journaling, cooking, children’s, metaphysical and spiritual.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, design tools (i.e., Canva), photography a plus.
The salary range at the Manager level is $70,000-$73,000; the range at the Sr Manager level is $76,000-$78,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 258085