principal Software Engineer - Remote 🔥
GRM US Business Lines (BL) Product is actively searching for a highly productive member of a remotely distributed, dynamic, and virtually collaborative agile team to serve as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, and testing innovative front-end UI and API programming for the eSimple application. This position will support Products within Business Lines Software Engineering.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively on a geographically diverse agile team to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment as we continue our agile transformation journey. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset, and capability.
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative solutions with our eSimple and eCLIQ Traditional product that meet business and technical initiatives
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current product needs as well as building out the long-term strategic solutions using Angular, TypeScript, Java, Spring Boot, and possibly other backend languages.
- Use of RXJS (Reactive Programming), NGRX (Store, Effects, Router-Store, Store-Devtools) and other emerging Front-End Technologies.
- Use testing frameworks such as Junit5, Karma, and Jasmine
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives, cloud deployment and technologies such as: AWS, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes
- Build and use RESTful services
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Analyze technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Drive a culture of innovation and learning while modeling the Liberty Mutual core behaviors and values
- Facilitate cross team learnings, communication, and alignment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Generally, 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience developing design patterns using object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of a variety of languages including Angular, React, Vue and Java
- Cloud based programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, be a logical thinker and problem solver
- Above average communication skills
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.