Content Writer 🔥
Are you an advanced WordPress user, very familiar with plugins, themes and hostings? Do you love writing engaging content? Are you able to set up a test website, optimize, analyze and then explain these technical topics in simple words?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you. 🤩
We are looking for a friendly person, who loves to write, to produce high-quality technical content for WP Rocket , Imagify , and RocketCDN . 🚀
Keep reading for more details! 📝
Become Our Content Writer!
In your job as a Content Writer, you will write and manage content that builds credibility and authority for the company.
In this role, you will report directly to the Content Marketing Manager. You will join our marketing team, which is based in Europe. We work remotely, and ideally you should live in a country that aligns with the European Timezone.
We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map! 🌍What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a Content Writer, you will be dealing with technical products. You are a skilled wordsmith who has proven software development experience. You will conduct research, set website environments, perform speed tests, write new content and update existing ones.
Here is a list describing the missions involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- Build Expertise: You will conduct research on industry-related topics and need to stay up-to-date with the latest trends (the Core Web Vitals have no secret for you!). You will also make edits to existing content in an effort to improve readability, SEO, accuracy, and keep the content up-to-date overall.
- Drive Traffic: You will identify target keywords on a specific topic and structure your content accordingly
- Develop Branding: You will identify a unique angle to address the topic, that will show a different perspective or view, which will make the article especially interesting
- Increase engagement: You will write engaging, easy-to understand and accurate content (such as: blog posts, release announcements,…) You will use a conversational tone to make our products accessibles and to engage our audience.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
Proven working experience in writing and editing.
You have a solid experience in creating well-structured content, in a conversational tone to guide beginners and more advanced WordPress users. You understand the importance of SEO and how to address it through your content writing.
Tech-savvy with well-honed web performance knowledge.
You have experience with web performance optimization. You know how to measure page load speeds. You understand caching. Terms like gzip, preload, minify, and lazyload are not foreign to you. You know the difference between PageSpeed score and page load time.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of WordPress.
You have a working knowledge of WordPress: you can set up a local website to test out products and services. You are familiar with the various types of plugins, themes and hostings. You have written a few articles about WordPress.
Fluency in English.
You will need to be able to effectively write and communicate in English, respectfully, and professionally. You can proofread your work.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- A startup mentality
You are doer, you are adaptable and you like to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous remote job experience.
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.