Software Engineer 🔥
Job Title: Software Engineer
Workplace Type: Fully Remote
Pay Rate: $40-50/hour
This is a long term consulting position. This is NOT a C2C Job Opportunity
We need an engineer to work on our cloud build services.
The technical requirements are:
- Strong Git skills
- Experience maintaining *some* CI/CD system, e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, GitHub actions, etc. Azure DevOps is a bonus but not required.
- Proficiency in a scripting language. PowerShell is a bonus but not required.
- Enough familiarity with C++ to be able to identify sources of build breaks and code-review fixes. C++ proficiency is not required.
- Comfort with engineering in a MacOS environment would be a big bonus but is not required.
- Visual Studio or VSCode familiarity would be a bonus.
The engineer would be responsible for:
- Performing Git actions such as merging, reverting commits, creating branches, and tracking changes in a branch.
- Learning build-related tools and writing scripts to automate their execution. Independently figuring out how to use these tools to solve problems at hand.
- Code reviewing script changes for teammates.
- Monitoring Slack for help requests (during reasonable business hours) and communicating to help others.
- Making independent decisions about appropriate action to take to mitigate build breaks, and executing those actions.
- Participating in incident support rotations (during reasonable business hours), performing incident root-cause analysis.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the build and devising solutions for them.
GitHub, PowerShell scripting, Visual studio, devOps, SCCM
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Very good in scripting language, power shell is preferred but open to others.
- Should be good with GIT.
- Have used some kind of automated bill system.
- Quality of work, meeting deadlines
*We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.*
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life & AD&D)
- Short and long-term disability
- Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HAS & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off/Leave (PTO, Vacation, or Sick Leave)
**This is NOT a C2C (Corp to Corp) Job Opportunity**
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.