Insights Manager 🔥
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision to be the trusted guide through a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About the role & team
The Marketing Business Insights & Research team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong background in project management and consumer research to help us drive research projects and deliver practical insights within the Marketing organization.
As the Insights Manager, you will help deliver on a roadmap of research projects to develop a deep understanding of our brand, business and our audiences! You will guide operational and strategic decision-making by putting our audiences at the heart of our business. You will also work collaboratively amongst cross-functional teams to assist in uncovering and communicating key insights, context and useful strategies on all the research projects you work on. You will also help lead the operations/workflow of the team including handling agency partners to complete research projects.
This role will also lead, analyze and synthesize primary research and syndicated market intelligence into useful insights about market trends and competitive landscape. An insights storyteller, you are creative and have a passion for interpreting data and crafting compelling outputs to drive informed decision making across Marketing.
The Insights Manager is also comfortable presenting to and sharing insights with internal partners, including senior level management.The Business Insights & Research team’s purpose is to enable the organization to make informed decisions based on consumer insights. This position will be essential in helping our team scale and in creating a meaningful impact on the business. Join us and help us drive our mission of building a better internet!
What you’ll do
- Lead critical project management processes including project brief development, project workflow, resources, and milestones.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and agencies, including agency selection and management, writing briefs and RFPs, adhering to timelines, ensuring delivery of project objectives, and invoicing.
- Serve as the guide for research activities conducted internally and externally, including writing and reviewing questionnaires, fielding studies, back-end analysis, reporting and presentation of findings to internal partners.
- Lead insights communications. Synthesize insights of the competitive landscape and trends using syndicated tools as well as 3rd party market trend and consumer data to build reports and presentations to influence Marketing strategies.
- Handle ad hoc data and insights requests from multiple team members across Marketing.
- Implement and uphold research best practices throughout the business. Ensure all elements of primary and syndicated studies follow market research best practices and that deliverables are of high quality and methodologically sound.
- Champion the voice of the consumer with a Mozilla perspective in team meetings and any wider communication of insights and presentations across the company.
- Collaborate closely with Data Science, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure that business objectives are translated into appropriate research projects resulting in well-rounded compelling insights addressing requirements.
Who you are
- Relevant qualifications or 7+ years of equivalent experience in Research or Insights roles.
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research projects using a variety of methodologies.
- Experience working and managing research vendors and agencies.
- Experience in survey design, questionnaire writing, discussion guide development, data planning and analysis, producing insights, and final presentation to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in translating data into actionable insights and a talent for storytelling via reports, summaries, and presentations that clearly communicate analyses, takeaways and trends.
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives.
- Time management across multiple projects and working under deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curious and a critical thinker. Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.