Senior Art Director and Designer 🔥
Senior Art Director and Designer
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the physical store.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and merchandising platform for retail.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As a Senior Art Director and Designer, you will develop the creative design and execution of visual brand identity and communications including website, content campaigns, video compositions, motion and static graphics, animations and logos. You will balance providing strategic direction and hands on execution to provide creative support for the Cooler Screens marketing and sales teams, contributing to both group and independent projects. Ultimately, you will ensure that our creative output meets and exceeds the highest quality standards.
If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Define, develop and ensure execution of Cooler Screens visual brand identity
- Provide and execute visual creative direction for our marketing efforts, including but not limited to coolerscreens.com, video, paid media, newsletters
- Strike the right balance between creative excellence and speed of delivery
- You possess a strong ability to learn quickly
- You have a positive, determined and collaborative mindset
- You are both a strategic thinker and a capable doer
- You are hands-on, and comfortable working on a wide range of project types
- You are comfortable working within established brand guidelines while continuing to find new and interesting ways to express the brand within those guidelines
- Must understand and defend the importance of brand consistency
- Must be a consistent, accountable team player who leads by positive example ensuring solid chemistry, and has zero ego or attitude
- Requires a driven work ethic, a responsibility to the brand, and a desire to contribute to the collaborative culture at Cooler Screens
- Must have a passion for creative innovation, and a demonstrated ability to drive new ideas and bring in new concepts or methodologies and/or efficiencies
- You have experience in supporting digital and/or other media businesses
- You can work both independently and collaborate as a teammate
- You are comfortable and have a track record working in fast paced environments (Start-up experience is helpful)
What You Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in design, advertising, or a related industry
- An established portfolio of elevated creative concepts demonstrating expertise in a range of creative mediums and integrated campaigns
- Proficient in PowerPoint, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects
- Previous experience in digital, video, rich media, motion, photography art direction, emerging media, and other creative and communications disciplines required
- Hands on design and production capabilities — you will be end to end from creative vision to designing to execution and delivery on projects
- Understanding of creative best practices and ability to incorporate best practices into design and final products
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent organization skills with a keen eye to detail
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills and you don’t get discouraged if the answer isn’t readily available
- Eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago where we are headquartered or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.