Web Developer - User Experience 🔥
Welcome to a team of caring and passionate people who work each day to meet the needs of our members and clients. At Health Benefits (a subsidiary of Health Care Service Corporation), you will be part of an organization committed to offering custom services to self-funded health benefits plans that manage costs – without compromising benefits – by offering innovative solutions, flexibility, transparency and customer support. This is an exciting time to join our team and enhance our culture that emphasizes caring, diversity and inclusion, mutual respect, collaboration and service to our communities.
We are looking for an Lead User Experience Designer to join our growing Creative Services team! As a Lead User Experience (UX) Designer you will be collaborating and working in a digital design environment and will be responsible for creating meaningful and compelling web and mobile app experiences that exceed users' expectations and achieve desired business outcomes. This role will be the end-user advocate on project teams where they collaborate with Marketing, Portal, Data Analysts, Product Owners, Engineers, and Developers to deliver interactive brand experiences that are intuitive and engaging.
- Develops workflows, interaction flows, wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, mock-ups, navigational flows, low-fidelity and clickable web-based prototypes to clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Transforms strategic direction into high-level creative concepts and high-fidelity, pixel-perfect mockups for output on projects ranging from total systems like mobile apps, member portals and interactive dashboards to individual user interface elements such as menus, toolkits, microsites, tabs, widgets, buttons and search fields. Partners with other creative team members to conceptualize, design, and extend user experiences.
- Creates and presents design solutions and strategies that bring the user story to life for a wide audience, including cross-functional teams and groups less familiar with the digital landscape. Prepares and presents rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders. Articulates interactive design thinking with strong rationale, based on market trends and usage data. Collaborates and communicates with impact to leadership across the organization.
- Contributes to product strategy discussion and develops concepts aligned with product goals and strategy. Works with leadership, product owners and engineers to design and observe user studies and translates research findings into insights, user requirements, and design improvements. Proactively identifies and troubleshoots UX problems (ie: responsiveness) and contributes meaningfully to backlog planning and prioritization. Gauges the desirability of new and existing products and features, and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Collaborates with other digital design team members to maintain a Digital UX Style and Experience guide. Contributes to the design language and promotes design thinking throughout the team. Helps to develop and champion guidelines, standards, and user-centered design processes. Ensures ADA compliance across deliverables. Prepares highly-detailed communication of design direction, principles and UX specifications for highly interactive interfaces to developers and engineers.
- Maintains awareness of the digital design landscape with respect to current and future trends in interactive design. Stays abreast of human-centered, UX trends and looks for creative ideas and inspiration from within the insurance and finance industry’s digital landscape and beyond. Provides mentorship for lesser-experienced designers on the team and thought-leadership to colleagues across the organization on the topic of best-in-class interactive design.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), Human System Engineering, or related programs or a BA/BS in non-related field with relevant certifications and equivalent professional experience required.
- Experience designing mobile apps, desktop software, web applications, voice UI, device screen and/or physical interfaces
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics.
- Solid knowledge of digital design & development processes.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for browsers and mobile.
- Experience with design for mobile browsers, apps, touch-screen interfaces, and multiple screen sizes.
- Success in creating innovative and user-friendly responsive websites and customer-facing features; strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Proficient in digital design technology, wireframing, collaboration and prototyping software and familiar with front end development coding languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Proficient in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
Come join Health Benefits! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. Trustmark benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, veteran or disability.