Senior Manager, Product Design 🔥
What You'll Do
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the Sr. Manager or Manager of Product Design is responsible for concepting and developing new products that support Organization's Mission to be the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world. In this role you will contribute to all aspects of Industrial Design and product innovation. This position will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the highest quality, consumer focused, trend-right product lines across all channels of distribution that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of design strategies and products that align with Organization's vision and brand.
- Lead and manage the successful development of one or more categories through story, color, materials, form, and function of products. Responsible for taking products from concept (sketching, ideation, and 3d modeling) through production under aggressive timelines.
- Participate in design trends and market research to understand customer wants, needs and opportunities for innovation in a project.
- Evaluate current and proposed products based on factors such as appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, production costs and specifications.
- Responsible for working closely with the Engineering, Marketing, Creative, and Sales departments to drive brand consistency across all products and to establish key design features.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project staff to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs and new product ideas; confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in industrial or mechanical design or industrial engineering is desired.
- 5 or more years of industrial design experience with an enriched portfolio with examples of the best design projects.
- Industrial designer with knowledge of strategic planning, marketing, branding, manufacturing, and project management.
- Must possess some knowledge of molding, plastics, soft goods (not required but a plus) and printing basics and have a strong focus on the design, aesthetic elements, and manufacturability of products.
- Must have prior management experience.
- Advanced proficiency using 3D visualization software – SolidWorks, Rhino, KeyShot, etc.