Product Designer 🔥
You’ll play a strategic role in design decisions and their tactical implementation (bonus points for processes to improve iteration management). You will contribute to a living style guide, communicate design decisions to engineers and stakeholders, and be a key point of contact for design questions. The successful candidate for this position will be comfortable and open to receiving feedback. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow.Responsibilities:
- Identify and scope opportunities to improve the visuals and interactions of our core suite of products, key onboarding funnels, and special moments of polish and delight.
- Craft beautiful visual and experiential solutions to support user behavior and positively impact the brand and business needs
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Conduct QA on coded designs.
- Support UX research as needed.
You should apply if you
- Have keen awareness of excellent design patterns, responsive design, accessibility and best practices
- Have rolled out a design system to multiple product teams (especially if those products have a global audience with a wide variety of accessibility needs and challenges).
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to solve complex business problems, interactions, or technical constraints that provide value for users
- Get excited about data and dashboards.
- Clearly document and communicate interaction details, visual design specs, and other considerations that impact the user experience
- Are the type that finds things in need of improvement and takes action. You can reliably balance your own deadlines, knowing when to seek direction for priorities.
Our team uses Figma and follows an agile development process, so some experience with that is a plus. This role has little-to-no 3D design (at least for now), so you will not be using Unity, Unreal Engine or similar tools.
About the TeamWe are a fully-remote team across multiple time zones. We are very collaborative, but work asynchronously, and you’ll be fully in control of your own schedule. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and works well independently in a minimal-structure environment. The ideal person seeks feedback early and can clearly communicate designs with stakeholders.
Almost every month, there is a new, interesting problem to solve. You will learn about the challenges of managing XR content and devices in a variety of enterprise settings, and work alongside an incredibly talented team of designers and developers. Almost every month, there is a new, interesting problem to solve. As part of a small team, you’ll have a great deal of autonomy and the freedom to experiment.
- A great team - Our team is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates - competent and smart, but also humble, positive and generous.
- Work from anywhere - We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, with some in Europe, the US and Canada.
- Flexible work schedule - We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done. We also offer unlimited time off.
- A powerful mission - We want to use XR technology to give people their time back (in the real world). Furthermore, we aim to protect the health and privacy of our customers, their users and our team with every decision we make.
- Salary range of $130k
Hiring processWe'll try to follow the process below (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Screening call with the UX Designer
- Portfolio Presentation with the UX Designer, Front-End Developer, CTO and Product Manager
- Interviews with some of the founding team