Volunteer Cooperation Program Translation Coordinator
TERMS OF REFERENCE
«Volunteer Cooperation Program Translation Coordinator»
Position location: Remote
Reports to: Manager, Volunteer Mobilization
Contract Term: Up to 40 days/320 hours (8 hours per day) between February – April, 2023
Budget: CAD 12,000.00
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization whose mission is to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. WUSC works with and through its southern partners – government, civil society and the private sector – to strengthen education systems, expand employment opportunities, and foster an environment in which the aspirations and full participation of young people can be realized. Incorporated in 1957 as a non-profit organization, WUSC now operates around the world with offices in 12 countries. WUSC is governed by a Board of Directors that is elected annually at our Annual Assembly from amongst our youth and institutional membership. WUSC adheres to the highest ethics and standards in international development: WUSC’s compliance with the Canadian Council for International Cooperation Code of Ethics and Operational Standards is regularly reviewed by its Board of Directors and a group of peers.
WUSC’s Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP) Team has identified the need for a consultant to support the VCP team in coordinating and implementing the translation from English to French for all its partnership management and volunteer mobilization content.
These terms of reference set out the duties and responsibilities of the «VCP Translation Coordinator.
- SCOPE OF WORK
Reporting to the «Manager, Volunteer Mobilization», and working under the day to-day-direction of the «Manager, Volunteer Mobilization», and in close coordination with «Volunteer Mobilization Team Members», the Contractor will provide consulting services in the following key areas areas:
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Following the VCP translation work plan:
- Coordinate with VCP volunteer cooperation team members to ensure the correct and up-to-date English versions of all content are made available to the VCP Translation Coordinator
- Use the VCP Team Deepl PRO account to translate all the items included in the VCP translation work plan
- Conduct a first review of all translated content from Deepl PRO
- Save the French version of all items in the appropriate Google shared drive location (VCP Drive and Site, Volunteer Cafe Drive and Site, etc)
- Coordinate with the VCP volunteer cooperation team members to identify a team member to conduct a second review of the translated content
- Format the French Volunteer Cafe Google Site, including adding the hyperlinks in all content in the site and in the translated documents
- Coordinate with the VCP volunteer cooperation team members to identify any missing items for translation
- From WUSC’s TalentLMS platform, download and/copy and paste all e-learning training content, organize it in documents as needed, translate in the VCP Deepl PRO account, and prepare a package to be shared with the WUSC E-learning Consultant who will develop the French courses in TalentLMS
- Prepare French version of Chez WUSC V4D Site
Most of these activities will be carried out remotely
The Contractor will be responsible and accountable for producing the following deliverables, in coordination with the «Volunteer Mobilization» team:
- French translated documents in the VCP or Volunteer Cafe Google Drives, as per workplan items
- French Volunteer Cafe Site
- Package of French content for E-learning Consultant
- French Chez WUSC V4D Site
- LEVEL OF EFFORT & WORK PLAN
The level of effort for the position of «VCP Translation Coordinator» will be up to «40» days.
Deliverable # Activity Deliverables Delivery Date LOE
1 Translate documents as per workplan French translated documents in the VCP or Volunteer Cafe Drives, as per workplan items 16 days
2 Translate Volunteer Cafe web content (text) French Volunteer Cafe Site 15 days
3 Translate e-learning course content to French and prepare package for e-learning consultant Package of French content for E-learning Consultant 7 days
4 Translate Chez WUSC V4D site content French Chez WUSC V4D Site 2 days
TOTAL 40 days
- Home based (remote)
- The Contractor will work with the «VCP Mobilization» team to put in place alternative remote methods for training, coaching and effectively achieving all of the deliverables stated above.
- Bilingual English/French essential
- Demonstrated coordination experience working in a team environment
- Strong team worker
- Strong technical skills, including using shared drives and editing Google Sites
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Suitably qualified and experienced consultants are invited to submit their CVs and cover letter at [email protected]
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, consultants, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and from those in the Black, Indigenous, or people of colour (BIPOC) communities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.