Interactive Web Designer
We’re hiring! About the position:
If your ethos revolves around the human experience and consistency related to design, you’ll get along well with our team of data geeks and marketing strategists.
Art direction, creative brand statements, and production design aren’t our areas of expertise. We’re searching for a contract interactive web designer who can take health and wellness and home service businesses past our offerings of data consultation and human-centered marketing strategy and into the realm of luxury experiences, ADA accessibility, and market leadership related to design.
We’re hoping to partner with an individual who’s excited to bring their design expertise to the table with the support of a full-service agency. While this opportunity is contract to start (project-basis only), we’re on track to grow this into a full-time role over the next 12 months.
- Hourly rate: $50–$65/hr
- DDM’s target hire date: December 5, 2022
- This role is 100% remote with in-person opportunities to meet with clients, travel to and tour client facilities, and collaborate with local team members
Benefits & perks
- Flexible work schedule (We’re not 9–5!)
- No expectation Fridays. Focus on life or heads-down work on Fridays. There are no expectations to meet or communicate with our team.
- Digital marketing training + $500/yr in approved professional development and learning allocation
- Job training and business development training
$300 bonus for each successful milestone passed with DDM
- New Year Milestone -$300 on January 2
- Summer Milestone -$300 on July 5
- Fall Milestone -$900 on Black Friday
- Winter Milestone -$600 on December 26
- = $2,100 of potential bonuses throughout the year
- $300 bonus for each successful milestone passed with DDM
About Data Driven Marketers’ design ethosAlthough DDM doesn’t currently have an in-house designer or art director, our design ethos for web experience is clear. We hope to bring on an art director or interactive web designer who shares a similar ethos and can strengthen our current approach to SEO/SEM content, design, and web development.
- Contrast is ADA-compliant and visually appealing; colors contribute to the story.
- Balance is established between imagery, text, and “feeling” related to the brand and the end benefit of their service; most items are asymmetrical and designed in a grid.
- Emphasis is always put on content and details that will benefit the customer and guide them to making a decision.
- Hierarchy is everything and is best defined when working with SEO/SEM/content/strategy team members.
- Repetition is expected, and brand familiarity is prioritized across deliverables.
- White space is present, always.
- Movement exists in all aspects of design, writing, and page experience.
- Unity and community are at the center of all designs. We’re focused on uniting humans with humans + needs related to their community.
Role & responsibilities
- Participate in brand discovery activities
Lead the design process and own production for the following deliverables:
- Website wireframes in Figma
- Website mockups in Figma
- Website landing page mockups in Figma
- Custom website elements in Figma or Photoshop (CTA sections, website popups, custom social feeds, etc.)
- Custom email newsletter templates in Canva, Photoshop, or another Adobe product
- Produce digital brand guides based on provided brand details from the client and from our team
- Make revisions to designs and prototypes incorporating client and staff feedback
- Perform design QA rounds and document needed changes
- Contribute to custom brand discovery resources, templates, and guides to improve agency operations
- Communicate and collaborate with internal team members through Slack, email, and video conferencing
- 2–5 years of experience as a web designer, art director, or production design with growth in creative direction
- A portfolio that showcases interactive and digital projects, including creative executions across Web, Mobile Web, Native, and Social
- Advanced knowledge of Web User Interface Design (UI), Web User Experience Design (UX), and general web functions and standards
- Expertise in all aspects of color theory, basic design principles and practices, and asset management
- Proven knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress web structure
- Deep understanding of web architecture
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in ClickUp or project management systems similar to ClickUp (Asana, monday.com, etc.)
It would be great (but not necessary), if you
Have experience in most of the software and tools listed below:
- Box, Google Drive, and Dropbox
Have experience or expertise in the following industries:
- Health, wellness, lifestyle, and beauty
- Health, medical care, and insurance
- Small business marketing, home service marketing, HVAC marketing
- Luxury goods and products
Data Driven Marketers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Data Driven Marketers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Data Driven Marketers may be the right fit if:
- You’re done with the bulls%&t and want to start working with a team that respects and values you.
- You have ideas to share and a passion for helping team members solve problems.
- You’re comfortable with and excited about balancing multiple projects.
- You have the ability to prioritize and change priorities quickly based on needs.
- You’re confident and friendly, a great colleague our team would enjoy working with.
- You’re confident in researching, testing, and deploying data-driven project coordination training and best practices.
- You enjoy collaborating with others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You’re able to see the big picture and how small projects relate to that big picture.
- You’re confident in overseeing all parts of a project.
- You’re able to anticipate project needs as projects begin or are being rolled out.
More about us
Data Driven Marketers is a women-led marketing company that provides the tools businesses need to grow and increase their online presence. We’ve worked with agencies, creatives, and small businesses since our founding in 2013. We’ve changed the way agencies work with outsourced professionals, too—providing in-depth resources, tools, and training to enhance their customer’s experience and make marketing work. We’ve put some of the best minds together to solve problems in modern-day agencies and collectively have improved the way blended agencies operate.
Our mission is to educate, optimize, and empower sprouting agencies & businesses.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be working with a team of seasoned marketing professionals. From search engine marketing to search engine optimization and content development, we apply our skills to make marketing work for each of our clients. Most of our team members (some employed, some contracted), have worked for a small business, agency, and in-house marketing team at some point in their career—or all three! While our history in the space is vast, we’re not slowing down or pausing other ventures that interest us.
Your clients are either marketing directors or managers or small business owners. Most of our clients are well educated in why they need to invest in marketing but need help navigating specifics.Everyone on the team is data-driven and results-focused.
Our mission is to educate, optimize, and empower sprouting agencies and marketers who share the same mission and drive as our team. The digital marketing scene is competitive—that’s why we’ve modeled our business to work with and directly support agencies and teams rather than fighting for business.
Pillars of Data-Driven Marketers & our core values
Accountability is all about ownership and clarity. Ownership begins with accepting the responsibility of a project, product, or task, from reception to outcome (and everything that may fall in between). Clarity is making sure that you have a crystal-clear understanding of what success looks like.
Enthusiasm is eager enjoyment and interest in the work we do—it makes the impossible become possible. Enthusiasm is one of Data Driven Marketers’ most important assets, after all, we love what we do! Enthusiasm is a choice you make, pure and simple. It is an infectious state of mind which gains cooperation from other people.
Data-driven thinking & measurement
It’s in our name, we are data-driven. Data-driven decision-making is vital as it enables us to observe data to come up with predictive insights. It provides the ability to research and know what is working well (and what is not) for our business and our customers. A data-driven decision-making approach leads to improved transparency, accountability, and consistency for everyone in the DDM organization. and builds loyalty, engagement, and responsibility in our employees.
We believe transparency is the basis for trust between an agency, customers, partners, and employees. DDM’s most valuable currency is the relationships we build, it is the fuel that powers DDM’s culture of trust, that’s in transparency. Being transparent means being honest and open when communicating with stakeholders about matters related to the business.