AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. Their family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Their technology and services enable the agencies they serve to be more resilient, to protect communities and infrastructure, and to respond to the climate challenge.
The accountant provides mid-level administrative and financial support services and will work closely with other company personnel, vendors, and customers.
- Organizes and updates financial records
- Accounts payable review and approval, ensuring invoices are coded to the appropriate GL account and department
- Assist with accounts payable entry, including vendor management and 1099 processing
- Performs credit card reconciliation within specified timeframe and resolves all outstanding items in a timely manner
- Posts journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned
- Maintains schedules for assigned general ledger accounts, including but not limited to accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets
- Assists Accounting Manager with month-end closing process
- Performs ad-hoc data queries as requested
- Ability to identify problems, review related information, develop, and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Intermediate Excel skills required – ability to create formulas (including vlookups and sumif)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time. Work may involve bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and climbing stairs. Occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. may be required
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least four years’ experience in accounts payable
- At least four years’ experience in general ledger accounting
- Previous experience with NetSuite, strongly preferred
- Experience with Excel, strongly preferred
Salary range: $50,000 - $70,000
Benefits available to full time employees include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & 401K Match.
You must be eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
AEM & Earth Networks are Equal Opportunity Employers.