Sr. Front End Engineer
Why work at InductiveHealth? 1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes. 2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally. 3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes. 4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is a corporate value that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success. 5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
Our Product Development Team is expanding to include an additional Senior Software Engineer proficient in all aspects of the software development lifecycle to join our dedicated product development team. You'll participate in the development of leading-edge technology and work with a mission-driven team to shape the future of stopping disease through technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences.
- Developing software systems and solving complex problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Participating in small- to medium-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Building high quality code by conducting unit testing and enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects.
- Ensuring on-time delivery and communicate status utilizing strong interpersonal skills with team members and stakeholders.
What would make a great candidate?
- You have experience building a responsive, cross-browser compatible and high-performance web application.
- You have experience building developing customization and configurable dashboards using charts.js or similar charting libraries
- You have proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error handling, observables, and Redux.
- You’re familiar with CI/CD, unit testing, automated frontend testing.
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud stacks.
- You have extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture.
- You can write functional tests using tools such as Nightwatch.js and Test Armada
- You have strong creative, collaboration and communication skills.
- You use your knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and patterns) to create an outstanding user experience.
- You have or eager to learn how to integrate Google Maps or similar GIS software.
- Preference for candidates based in EST or CST time zone.
- At this time, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
- Virtual first, remote organization and culture
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
- Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
- Long Term Disability (for employee)
- Life Insurance (for employee)
- New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth Informatics (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.