Social Media Specialist 🔥
You will manage online communities and deliver campaigns on LinkedIn and Twitter, leveraging a range of engaging content, approaches and tools; you will also communicate complex technical information and data clearly and impactfully. You will be supported by the Digital Communications Officer, and you will report to the Senior Digital and Content Manager of the SBTi.
What you will do:
Social media management (30% time)
- Lead, manage and grow the SBTi’s social media channels (currently LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) to drive continued growth in the uptake of science-based targets, grow the SBTi’s profile, project our expertise and protect and enhance our reputation
- Ensure delivery of a proactive and relevant social media plan, with high levels of daily Twitter activity and daily LinkedIn posts
Community management (30% time)
- Build and maintain a vibrant community, ensuring high levels of engagement and responsiveness with users
- Moderate social media channels by responding to questions and developing discussions
Strategy, planning and evaluation (20% time)
- Co-develop and implement the SBTi’s social media strategy to support the overarching communications and business strategies
- Explore new channels and creative approaches to engage new audiences
- Develop, implement and evaluate social media campaigns in support of specific SBTi projects, services and launches and aligned to wider communications activities and business priorities
- Leverage analytics data to measure impact, learn and improve
Content (20% time)
- Leverage the SBTi brand, expertise, knowledge and data to create engaging content that informs, supports and encourages our audiences about our work and the value of setting science-based targets
- Establish a distinctive voice and style that is commensurate to our mission, ambition and reputation
What you will need:
- Education: You have a completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: You have 3+ years of experience managing social media channels, content and campaigns within a busy media, communications, or marketing department.
- Experience with developing, monitoring and evaluating high-profile integrated social media strategies that have helped achieve organizational objectives.
- Experience growing and maintaining strong supporter bases or networks across a range of social media channels
- Experience with generating high levels of engagement with followers – particularly on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Adapt at developing/commissioning creative and compelling multimedia content, including videos, graphics, lives, etc.
- Experience creating engaging moments on social media such as takeovers, live Q&As,
- Experience developing relationships with key social influencers that have helped achieved campaigns, communications, or organizational objectives
- Knowledge of best practices, ways of working, processes, and systems for social media work
- Experience translating complex information and data into compelling social content
Languages: Verbal proficiency and written English required.
Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is